Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I see my long rides no longer sync! the 30 min workout no problem... haven't had a ride sync in a week now. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are any any good? I get 2 emails a year from mine and that is it.  One is with regard to now is the time to look at and consider whether you want to change your health plan and the other one is to wish his customers a happy christmas and all the best for the coming year and that the office will be closed on such and such dates lol.

With discovery I do my own investigation and learning the system!!

I've been asked by my current boss / director man in the past whether I'd be prepared to go back to Disco, cos he got better service when I was looking after him. Only half jokingly... 

Are any any good? I get 2 emails a year from mine and that is it. One is with regard to now is the time to look at and consider whether you want to change your health plan and the other one is to wish his customers a happy christmas and all the best for the coming year and that the office will be closed on such and such dates lol.

With discovery I do my own investigation and learning the system!!

Sounds like mine too, except I don't get one at Christmas time.

My financial advisor, who works for another insurance company, knows more about Discovery products than the broker than signed me up.

another reason why I don't b!tc# about the vitality set up. Make it work for you...

Cashbacks for the month...

Gym booster - R141

Healthy Foods - R152

Healthy care - R64

Then the 8 smoothies a month - work on average of R30 each - R240

Miles  - R160

Total Cashback - R757

Vitality cost - R199 + R75 credit card service fee's

Did I drink smoothies or coffee before I got them for free? No, so not a benefit.

No gym booster for me, gym is free and has always been. No idea what that's worth.

I average just under R800 a month cash back, have for years.

All of which I got before this clusterf_ck of VAR came around. But is it worth sending screen shots of my workouts to get 2 smoothies? My opinion is no.

I signed up for a programme, I do my bit, they must do theirs. Simple really. I load Polar or Garmin where I must, they must read the files and allocate points. How is that hard to understand?

Did I drink smoothies or coffee before I got them for free? No, so not a benefit.

No gym booster for me, gym is free and has always been. No idea what that's worth.

All of which I got before this clusterf_ck of VAR came around. But is it worth sending screen shots of my workouts to get 2 smoothies? My opinion is no.

I signed up for a programme, I do my bit, they must do theirs. Simple really. I load Polar or Garmin where I must, they must read the files and allocate points. How is that hard to understand?

Not hard at all to understand, and you're right. I personally think it's a lot mor ecomplex than we think it is, though. Wish I knew more, or was told more... 

That's purely due to people not knowing what they're covered for, I guarantee you. Every single report I've seen of that (also from my Disco days) is due to not understanding the levels of cover. 

EG: Having a Core plan and expecting coverage for dental procedures / investigative MRI scans etc... 

I have had no issues with them paying for my operations (at the expected rate).  I have added Gap Cover though as in general, the surgeons charge way over the medical aid rate. 

Not hard at all to understand, and you're right. I personally think it's a lot mor ecomplex than we think it is, though. Wish I knew more, or was told more... 

Sometime better not knowing all... it may be disheartening and demoralising !!

I have had no issues with them paying for my operations (at the expected rate).  I have added Gap Cover though as in general, the surgeons charge way over the medical aid rate. 

Yep. 

It was bound to happen.....let's be honest......

My take on Discovery......if they are failing at this and their Vitality.......on top of many other reports about them refusing to pay out for certain medical procedures......and whatever else people are unhappy about.....there might just be a bigger rot in the core than we can imagine......

Not moaning about points allocation, just that they are not allocating points I earned.

That's purely due to people not knowing what they're covered for, I guarantee you. Every single report I've seen of that (also from my Disco days) is due to not understanding the levels of cover. 

EG: Having a Core plan and expecting coverage for dental procedures / investigative MRI scans etc...

No Miles. They deliberately try avoid paying out on medical. Just like they don't allocate points on VAR.

I had a crash. Covered the hospital except for R158 for an ice pack used post surgery in hospital for swelling. Petty.

I applied for a PMB for physio. Applied for 20 sessions. Approved 12. I've had 28 sessions till today and need ongoing treatment. Although they approved the PMB, they have rejected every bill as submitted by the physio. They have been submitted EXACTLY as approved. So the physio has not been paid since March 12 by Disco despite the approvals given and I've had to pay to continue the treatment.

All the best doctors have opted out of Disco so the medical aid covers between a third to a half of the cost of an operation.

None of this bothered me until they did not allocat points for 3 workouts and I've thought about my relationship with them. Now I'm irritated.

I sent them screenshots of my activity from Sat that didn't get points.

Sent 4 in total off the Garmin Connect website, showing all the info they would need.

receive this today:

Please note that we are unable to assist with the screenshot provided as it does not have all the information required for us to be able to investigate your workouts. The screenshot has no date.

Ensure that the screenshot includes the following:

• Date
  • Type of event
  • Duration
  • Heart rate, speed, distance, steps etc.

Maybe if I draw big red circles around the details on the screenshots they'll see them better?

I sent them screenshots of my activity from Sat that didn't get points.

Sent 4 in total off the Garmin Connect website, showing all the info they would need.

receive this today:

Please note that we are unable to assist with the screenshot provided as it does not have all the information required for us to be able to investigate your workouts. The screenshot has no date.

Ensure that the screenshot includes the following:

• Date
  • Type of event
  • Duration
  • Heart rate, speed, distance, steps etc.

Maybe if I draw big red circles around the details on the screenshots they'll see them better?

I bitched and moaned on their FB page, send them an email in general informing them their syncing was off and sent them a tweet as well. Without sending them any other information (how many rides/the HR data or anything) my points were allocated correctly for my activities.

Was sick since Sunday so going to have to sneak some points to get my 1000 goal... Did not help that disco gave me 100 for my 300 point saturday ride.

We are starting to see eye to eye..........

OK, 1 of my uploaded Garmin rides was recognised by Disco and given 3,000 (three THOUSAND) points...my goal for the week was 200 points.

So, that's 3% of my family's YEARLY GOLD TOTAL for a single ride?

Anyhoo, i'm not complaining.