Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

IIRC, the credit card is currently issued (and administered?) by FNB, so bringing this into an "in-house division" means so much more for them and less handed over to FNB. Online banking, as opposed to a physical branch? Who knows? 

For us, a few benefits here and there, but I'd imagine the loans, financing and other "banking" related services is where they can really apply the vaseline (to the customers).

Correctomondo. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh la la a few handbag fights on social media. Rita actually asked a good question. Discovery's response that a low fat diet is a fad didn't go down well!! No wonder they deleted it. Note I have no horse in this race. I only want the truth :)

46a3fc4446dc25491757aea5c42fb8a2.jpg

fbb35ce35b7113f008ff4599877f08ef.jpg

I hate Discovery. I'm "forced" to use them because it's the only Medical Aid my company subsidizes. So I can't afford to move. If my company changed their policy. I'd be gone in 60 seconds.

I'm actually looking forward to it. If they tie it into the Vitality thing (and they probably will) then it could get strong really quickly. 

Also - they've got in excess of 3.5m clients on all platforms, so they've got an instant client base, almost. 

What is going to be interesting is the rewards they offer on their own products. I guess it will answer the question of who pays for the cash back which is a source of some discussion when a few mates are really really bored.

25% cash back from select stores, 35% discount on airline tickets, 50% discount on hotels. Paid by Vitality? Doubt it. I predict not so generous with their own money when it's all in house.

I have given up on it, can't remember when last I even checked to see if I qualified and got the smoothie reward.

How to identify the guys without teenage children who have a liking for smoothies.

I cancelled my Vitality last month and started looking for a new medical aid.

I contacted 3 other providers, not one of them bothered to respond. I noticed that my Vitality contribution was deducted as usual and made the decision to stay. No wonder Discovery is doing roaring business. The alternatives are grim.  

LCHF is a fad. Bring popcorn.

I cancelled my Vitality last month and started looking for a new medical aid.

I contacted 3 other providers, not one of them bothered to respond. I noticed that my Vitality contribution was deducted as usual and made the decision to stay. No wonder Discovery is doing roaring business. The alternatives are grim.  

LCHF is a fad. Bring popcorn.

the communication may be bad at times (specifically wrt Vitality) but htey're the best of a bad bunch. That's why we stopped offering the others until recently... moving more into the group health sphere, so we need more than just Disco if we're going to be taking over existing groups. 

the communication may be bad at times (specifically wrt Vitality) but htey're the best of a bad bunch. That's why we stopped offering the others until recently... moving more into the group health sphere, so we need more than just Disco if we're going to be taking over existing groups.

Myles, what exactly is it you do again? Sorry if I missed it. Are you a (independant) financial advisor? Investments? Life insurance? Medical aids? Thanks, andre

Feedback regarding the Flight booster:

I completed the required initial 6 week Rewards threshold in 7 weeks on Friday. The Vitality active rewards page has this section where my 35%+0= 35% has now changed to 35%+30%=65%.

So things seem to be working as advertised. Still a long way to go to see the funds back in my account, will only be repaid one month after the return flight from CTCT. But I'll keep you guys posted. 

post-27827-0-63609300-1477913039_thumb.png

I have had 2 workouts that didn't sync with Vitality in the last few weeks. Random Tuesday and Thursday rides.

Sent emails, got auto replies. Had 1 phone call, but no update just yet.

Still no resolution on these two queries

#Iwantmysmoothie

I was somehow baffled by this comment of theirs...

When I asked them how it can be done to enable my kid's sport device (I passed an old Garmin down to her which has a dodgy battery by now), I got a message that I cannot register due to no ID existing. So, after 10 years of taking care of this person, they now don't have the ID and I must send a copy.

Okay all cool, but here's the puzzling bit. They continue to say that I must note even when this has been done, we cannot link her device before age 16? And then continues to say  but she can earn point through gym, parkrun and Vitality Races! 

The mind boggles. She cannot earn points for a 30 minute run, yet she can go for a parkrun and/or a race?! 

Anyone looking for team mates? I need 2 that always meet their goals as I really want my team rewards back. I meet all of mine each week :)