Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Anyone else not have today's ride points allocated?

it took a good few hours for mine to reflect.

I now see they've dropped my weekly goal to 300 points. so todays ride already met my goals

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it took a good few hours for mine to reflect.

I now see they've dropped my weekly goal to 300 points. so todays ride already met my goals

Cool, still waiting ... mine should also meet that goal hopefully cause after this I want to muck around a bit with Rouvy

Still waiting for mine to load from this morning's Zwift meetup. The same happened last time the undersea cables got damaged, so I'm guessing similar issue

Still waiting for mine to load from this morning's Zwift meetup. The same happened last time the undersea cables got damaged, so I'm guessing similar issue

Looks like the points have updated.

Points not updated for today yet, yesterday has. My points have now dropped to 300, was lowered to 700 before the lockin

Edited by shaper

With most of the Discovery staff working remotely I think the updating of the daily points is going to be an issue on a daily basis. Also noticed that the weekly points have dropped to 300.

Mine did go through later yesterday ... 300 done so I can just chill the rest of the week [emoji12]

Although the goal is still reached with one activity, I’ll keep submitting as the annual limit for active points is 30k, and I still have 16200 left to get there.

Although the goal is still reached with one activity, I’ll keep submitting as the annual limit for active points is 30k, and I still have 16200 left to get there.

I'll keep training but the Rouvy rides don't count do they? Or is there a trick I don't know ... Use the Garmin at the same time?

I'll keep training but the Rouvy rides don't count do they? Or is there a trick I don't know ... Use the Garmin at the same time?

Yes record on garmin at the same time

My Garmin records separate to the Rouvy workout. Power, cadence and time gets recorded by both. HR only gets recorded extra on my Garmin and that’s what I upload to my “Vitality” GC account.

• 2 weeks later...

My Garmin records separate to the Rouvy workout. Power, cadence and time gets recorded by both. HR only gets recorded extra on my Garmin and that’s what I upload to my “Vitality” GC account.

Frosty, please explain. Are you saying that you can upload from a workout device to more than one GC account?

Or do you have different devices connected to different GC accounts?

Frosty, please explain. Are you saying that you can upload from a workout device to more than one GC account?

Or do you have different devices connected to different GC accounts?

I have two accounts, one for me and one for Vitality.

In short, I export the rides from my account ("Original file" = .fit format) and then import the file to the Vitality-linked account. It sees it as the same file recorded on the device, i.e. an exact copy. It is not illegal according to Garmin's T&Cs, providing I don't impersonate another person.

Why do I do it?

1. iPhones can't receive Ant+ data from a Garmin HRM, so my Rouvy workouts are recorded without HR data. To get Vitality points, I use my Garmin to record everything. It uploads to my original GC account, but then I need to export the original file to upload it to the account linked to Vitality.

Also, my dumb trainer over reads speed and distance - probably a wheel circumference setting that I need to get right, but it doesn't both me - Time, HR and Power are my primary metrics when training. According to Google, 2096mm is the setting for a 700c 23mm wheel, so will have to experiment until I get a similar distance to a known course.

2. Because I can. It requires minimal effort and I have control of what Vitality receives from me, which is enough to ensure I reach my goal each week.

I have two accounts, one for me and one for Vitality.

In short, I export the rides from my account ("Original file" = .fit format) and then import the file to the Vitality-linked account. It sees it as the same file recorded on the device, i.e. an exact copy. It is not illegal according to Garmin's T&Cs, providing I don't impersonate another person.

Why do I do it?

• iPhones can't receive Ant+ data from a Garmin HRM, so my Rouvy workouts are recorded without HR data. To get Vitality points, I use my Garmin to record everything. It uploads to my original GC account, but then I need to export the original file to upload it to the account linked to Vitality.

Also, my dumb trainer over reads speed and distance - probably a wheel circumference setting that I need to get right, but it doesn't both me - Time, HR and Power are my primary metrics when training. According to Google, 2096mm is the setting for a 700c 23mm wheel, so will have to experiment until I get a similar distance to a known course.

• Because I can. It requires minimal effort and I have control of what Vitality receives from me, which is enough to ensure I reach my goal each week.

Wow, smart! But, that’s a lotta admin.

To overcome my Ipad not receiving HR, I got the Wahoo Tickr HRM, which broadcasts in ant+ and Bluetooth, simultaneously to my Garmin devices and to Zwift which I run on IOS. The only thing I am losing out on is cadence in Zwift, but the Garmin picks that up so no worries.

The big downside is that my strava stats are exaggerated because of concurrent Garmin and Zwift uploads. I should go in an delete the Garmin ones, but then I would be doing at least as much admin as you are!