Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Wow, smart! But, that’s a lotta admin.

To overcome my Ipad not receiving HR, I got the Wahoo Tickr HRM, which broadcasts in ant+ and Bluetooth, simultaneously to my Garmin devices and to Zwift which I run on IOS. The only thing I am losing out on is cadence in Zwift, but the Garmin picks that up so no worries.

The big downside is that my strava stats are exaggerated because of concurrent Garmin and Zwift uploads. I should go in an delete the Garmin ones, but then I would be doing at least as much admin as you are!

The admin is not that bad - I’m so used to it. I don’t always do it immediately, so might upload to the Vitality account once a week. The only pain is when it’s a slow ride and I need to split the rides.

W.r.t. the BLE HR strap, I am aware of it, but not something I need to have right now.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it took a good few hours for mine to reflect.

I now see they've dropped my weekly goal to 300 points. so todays ride already met my goals

Now the challenge is to see how many times you can go around that circle

Now the challenge is to see how many times you can go around that circle

went around a good few times last week. Looked pretty cool.

So I recently changed some products to Discovery and have decided to try Vitality out. Having some issues connecting my workouts to earn points. Current setup:

• HRM Connected to Wahoo app (Preferred because it gives a lot of live analytics for outdoor and indoor riding).
  • Wahoo app uploads to Strava.
  • Strava uploads to Samsung Health.
  • Samsung Health to Vitality.

It seems that Strava is no longer supported, so any advice on how to get my workouts recognized by Vitality? I'm happy to switch tracking apps if there's one that you guys can recommend that gives a pretty detailed info.

I did google and search for an answer on this thread and forum but no dice.

Strava hasn't been supported for a long time. Best would be to push the HRM directly to S-Health, but you can give it a try via the Wahoo app to see if it works.

I don't want to say it definitely works directly with S-Health, but before The Girl got a Garmin watch we used to record with her Wahoo strap to S-Health and it worked fine.

Strava hasn't been supported for a long time. Best would be to push the HRM directly to S-Health, but you can give it a try via the Wahoo app to see if it works.

I don't want to say it definitely works directly with S-Health, but before The Girl got a Garmin watch we used to record with her Wahoo strap to S-Health and it worked fine.

I can confirm an activity with a heart rate strap recorded directly on S-health still works...

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody please advise on the virtual gym visits with Discovery?

I am a legacy member with VA (IOW I signed up many years ago when you paid a single joining fee, and as long as you visited the gym 3 times a month you never paid any additional fees).

do however 

I am not a gym rat and do a lot of my training at the bike park or around the neighborhood. I keep the 36 visit average ticking over. I would however like to keep the benefit but that means I need to log the gym visits.

I am sure I received a mail a while ago about what needed to be done but I can't seem to find it. I have phoned the call center but the lady I spoke to said she wasn't a member of VA and she wasn't quite sure how to do it. She told be to use the app or virginactive.coach

I think it goes like this:

log on to the app

select one of the online classes and completed the 30 minute  session

What I need to clarify is will your virtual gym visit be allocated because you did the class or do you still need to log the workout via the app?

I am not worried about the points as those I get through my Garmin device is linked. This is purely to make sure that I get my gym "swipe".

This is all I could see on my emails:

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/gym-visits-covid-19

Thanks Frosty. I had to read through the T&C's document in one of the links to get info and they state that points will be awarded for participating in an online class as long as it exceeds 30 minutes. 

Will test it out tomorrow and see what happens with Gym Tracker on the Disco App

This is all I could see on my emails:

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/gym-visits-covid-19

I’m currently sitting on 36/36 visits, and need to visit the gym 7 times before 2020/05/31 - according to the Disco apps.

With the zero visits for April 2020, I would’ve been okay by not going. Last year May I did 7 runs on the dreadmill, so I can see me having to visit the gym, in a hazmat suit, once lockdown is over (or when the gym is opened for visits).

I like having the option of the gym, purely to get some running, when it’s wet outside.

I’m currently sitting on 36/36 visits, and need to visit the gym 7 times before 2020/05/31 - according to the Disco apps.

With the zero visits for April 2020, I would’ve been okay by not going. Last year May I did 7 runs on the dreadmill, so I can see me having to visit the gym, in a hazmat suit, once lockdown is over (or when the gym is opened for visits).

I like having the option of the gym, purely to get some running, when it’s wet outside.

Same scenario... 0 visits for April and I need 6 by the end of May to keep my benefit. I don't think gyms will be opening up again too soon (Unless they limit numbers). I use it for a session or two on the Wattbike and occasionally throw some weight s around and grunt a bit. 

Select and play a virgin active active workout that's 30 mins or more , then it counts as a gym visit during lockdown

Select and play a virgin active active workout that's 30 mins or more , then it counts as a gym visit during lockdown

is this via the app?

is this via the app?

Yes from what have read, in the link Frosty posted above...

Virgin Active has launched an online platform to help you keep active during this stay at home period. Download the Virgin Active app or visit virginactive.coach and log in with your MyVirginActive credentials and get started. To ensure that we continue to reward you for keeping active, for every workout or combination of workouts over 30 minutes you can earn 100 Vitality points per day, during the stay at home period. Each day you will have a new opportunity to earn points just by doing another 30+ minute workout. Terms and conditions apply.

Anyone else having issues with points not calculating? Did a workout on Sunday and on Tuesday, both of which are showing in my Discovery app, but show that the points haven't been calculated yet. Is this normal? Help page says it should calculate within 24/48 hours, which has obviously passed.