Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Log in to Discovery website, then scroll to Vitality and select the HOW TO EARN POINTS or GET TO GOLD from the drop down menu.

Then click on each item that gives you an opportunity to get points... it really isn't that hard

Non-smoker declaration

Online fitness assessment

Online mental wellness

Kids health check

And so much more

Edited by geraldm24

Will Discovery give you cash back rewards for a event that you already pre-entered for?

My understanding is yes... see below from the website, you need to claim points via outdoor sporting events once you have done the event.

You can earn up to 50% cash back on the pre-race registration fees up to a maximum spend of R3 000 each quarter, and up to R12 000 in a calendar year. This means you can earn up to R1 500 cash back (50% of R3 000) in a quarter, and up to R6 000 a year. To qualify for cash backs on race registration fees, please take note of the following:

• The event must be one of the selected, timed events on the Team Vitality race calendar that qualifies for either a 25% cash back or a 50% cash back.
  • You must have completed the event.
  • You must be a Team Vitality member at the time the cash back is awarded.
  • You will get up to either 25% or 50% cash back on the pre-race registration fee only (the cash back does not apply to the additional fee if you register late or to T-shirts, promotional items, donations, temp licenses, etc.).
  • Visit ‘Claim points for outdoor sporting events’ on our website.
  • Choose the event and fill in your race number, finishing time and other details.
  • Follow the instructions to claim your points for the race.
  • Cash back will be awarded after you complete the online form and we can verify that you have completed the event.

We are 2 vitality members, both did the following

1x 50km mtb

1x 60km road ride

1x 28km run

1x gym visit

All with garmin and HR monitors

We completed all the online assessments including non smokers declaration

Brilliant, well done. I guess you should just about clock Gold if you both do a quick visit to Dischem now.

Ps. To mods: There seem to be quite a few Vitality threads, all basically discussing the same thing - can't we chat about all this in one place?

Brilliant, well done. I guess you should just about clock Gold if you both do a quick visit to Dischem now.

Ps. To mods: There seem to be quite a few Vitality threads, all basically discussing the same thing - can't we chat about all this in one place?

I don't wanna brag but we hit diamond at the end of last year [emoji6] [emoji63]

Anyone else struggling with uploading / updating a  Strava activity onto Vitality?

Did a ride today and my last workout shows 02 January.

Off topic: was "exploring" Langebaan on a rented fat bike from John at Cycle Works - what a top bloke! I was just riding the fatty, enjoying life and forgot about all the negative stuff :thumbup:

Anyone else struggling with uploading / updating a  Strava activity onto Vitality?

Did a ride today and my last workout shows 02 January.

Off topic: was "exploring" Langebaan on a rented fat bike from John at Cycle Works - what a top bloke! I was just riding the fatty, enjoying life and forgot about all the negative stuff :thumbup:

i had a lot of issues over the last two weeks... long delay in my workouts sycing

I dont know if you have the watch - but someone in the apple watch thread (EDIT: that was Bub marley and Da vinci in this thread sorry) and said I should try the built in workout app of the watch.

I just drove from the gym to work - and the workout already shows!

Edited by Latent_Blue

i had a lot of issues over the last two weeks... long delay in my workouts sycing

I dont know if you have the watch - but someone in the apple watch thread (EDIT: that was Bub marley and Da vinci in this thread sorry) and said I should try the built in workout app of the watch.

I just drove from the gym to work - and the workout already shows!

Thanks Latent Blue it was updated this morning. Don't have the watch. I just need to be more patient with the time delay in the synchronisation

Hi I'm sure this was asked already but please could someone point me in the right direction I'm having problems linking my strava to the discovery app

Any help please thanks

Hi I'm sure this was asked already but please could someone point me in the right direction I'm having problems linking my strava to the discovery app

Any help please thanks

Go to apps and devices on Vitality and link strava.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/07/6ad4a5b8aa2fdd59ed4fa2bb3852fc4d.jpg

Is this normal when you have over 2000 points showing under "get active"? For the past week starting on Saturday

FYI: I've not used the Apple Watch I signed up for, but the Strava app, and two Garmin devices, as well as a Parkrun to get the points.

Edit: photo

Edited by 'Kaze Pete