Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I did join during the week.

Now waiting for my lic so I can enter canival without buying a temp lic.

It took almost two weeks before the Team Vitality status changed to active on the CSA website for me. When renewing by myself it's instantaneous.

You have until 11-Feb to enter so it should up by then, without the extra few days for extended entries that usually happens.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this gym booster link? Can't find it in the app or the vitality rewards page on the website.

Where is this gym booster link? Can't find it in the app or the vitality rewards page on the website.

Go back a page or 2, was posted by gerald. If you a National member then you do not have that option

When did you take out your gym membership?

Here are the rules:

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/benefit_rules/vitality_active_rewards_gym_booster_benefit_guide.pdf

If you meet the following requirements, then you qualify:

post-1372-0-05052400-1454096792_thumb.png

Go to Vitality

Then select Vitality Active Rewards

The scroll down to see the following:

post-1372-0-37729000-1454096796_thumb.png

There will be a green button saying "Activate".

I had a membership from 2002 that paid 100% of the fees providing I went 24 time per year, then it moved to 36.

In 2010 it lapsed (sympathy with the wife having given birth to our first daughter), and I only renewed it in 2012. I have since had to pay a portion. I assume that this new benefit is only for the memberships that pay a portion and not the older 100% benefit. That's my assumption, and I could be wrong.

edit: oh, and club memberships, not national memberships.

Edited by geraldm24

Thanks Geraldm24. 

Did see your earlier post and couldnt find any links on my discovery pages

My gym membership is pre 2010 but it did lapse at once stage. Not sure when

I am on diamond status and dont have a Gym booster link on my vitality rewards page. 

Meet all requirements except not sure about the 2010 thing.

Will contact Discovery to check

Thanks Geraldm24.

Did see your earlier post and couldnt find any links on my discovery pages

My gym membership is pre 2010 but it did lapse at once stage. Not sure when

I am on diamond status and dont have a Gym booster link on my vitality rewards page.

Meet all requirements except not sure about the 2010 thing.

Will contact Discovery to check

Are you national or single club membership? National doesn't have it (yet)

Are you national or single club membership? National doesn't have it (yet)

Used to be premier member till about 2 years ago. Now single club member

Stumbled across this help section on the Vitality website:

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/devices-troubleshooting

Device and Apps troubleshooting

Recent known issues

Please note that we are aware of, and have teams working on fixing the following recent issues linked to fitness devices on the Vitality platform. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check if your device is listed below as having known issues. If not and you are still experiencing issues, view the troubleshooter section for your device below.

Troubleshoot your DEVICE
Note: To save you time, please see if any of the troubleshooters below can help solve your device issue if not listed above, before contacting fitnessdevices@discovery.co.za or our call centre.
Edited by geraldm24

What is the vitality discount price at va? Pre rewards 100% off. Just ass vit memeber what u would pay?

Depends on the club, as they each have different prices depending on what facilities they have there. As an indication, 350 to 550 per month for a single club membership, afaik

Did anyone else notice that they have changed their points allocations. Speed is now capped at 600 points. I agree with the change, it was too easy, but it  would have been nice of them to communicate this change, i would have worn my heart rate monitor at the race yesterday.post-69762-0-11663900-1454296650_thumb.png

The app is really not working like it should; I update it every time there is a new update available but the problems still persist.

I cannot delete the old digital cards; after pressing on the bin to delete it says delete but when I return it is still there.

Anyone with the same problem?

Did anyone else notice that they have changed their points allocations. Speed is now capped at 600 points. I agree with the change, it was too easy, but it  would have been nice of them to communicate this change, i would have worn my heart rate monitor at the race yesterday.attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-02-01-04-56-21.png

Yep. Discussed about a page or 2 back. Seems it was too easy to hack the system, so they HAD to implement the HR / kCal per hour ruling.