Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The app is really not working like it should; I update it every time there is a new update available but the problems still persist.

I cannot delete the old digital cards; after pressing on the bin to delete it says delete but when I return it is still there.

Anyone with the same problem?

I'm having the same problem!

Are you national or single club membership? National doesn't have it (yet)

Do you think they will introduce it for National?

Guest notmyname

I find the points allocation dodgy. Below are screen grabs from my two rides this weekend. How is it possible to be allocated the same amount of points for two activities on the completely opposite sides of the spectrum?

The points allocated for activities.

post-85428-0-16474400-1454316898_thumb.jpg

Sundays recovery.

post-85428-0-00547300-1454316959_thumb.jpg

Saturday Ride. post-85428-0-30252300-1454317040_thumb.jpg

Edited by Small Fry

I find the points allocation dodgy. Below are screen grabs from my two rides this weekend. How is it possible to be allocated the same amount of points for two activities on the completely opposite sides of the spectrum?

attachicon.gifIMG_20160201_104718.jpg

Sundays recovery.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160201_104811.jpg

Saturday Ride. attachicon.gifIMG_20160201_104847.jpg

Seems like they are definitely teasing you.....it's all in comic sans......

Not sure if this has been asked yet Myles, but what happens when you hit your fitness point cap for the year? Will you still receive points towards your activity rewards portion if you are no longer eligible for points through your points monitor having reached that limit? As an example , two weeks ago I earned 15 000 points for 5 rides in one week each in excess of 120 minutes with HR data at 3000 points each.

Mostly interested as this would have a direct effect on those who have taken up the Apple Watch offer!

attachicon.gifIMG_20160201_104718.jpg

Sundays recovery.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160201_104811.jpg

Saturday Ride. attachicon.gifIMG_20160201_104847.jpg

Did you have HR data? That's the only thing I can think of. 

Not sure if this has been asked yet Myles, but what happens when you hit your fitness point cap for the year? Will you still receive points towards your activity rewards portion if you are no longer eligible for points through your points monitor having reached that limit? As an example , two weeks ago I earned 15 000 points for 5 rides in one week each in excess of 120 minutes with HR data at 3000 points each.

Mostly interested as this would have a direct effect on those who have taken up the Apple Watch offer!

I have hit my 30 000 cap but I am still getting weekly rewards, no idea about the watch sorry

Yes, they will continue to be allocated for Vit Active Rewards purposes, but won't count to your overall Vitality Points. 

Not to sound too facetious, but as long as you hit your goal each week, why nit pick the points allocations?  I would think that for most of us this would be easy peasy.

Not to sound too facetious, but as long as you hit your goal each week, why nit pick the points allocations?  I would think that for most of us this would be easy peasy.

Life happens sometimes... If you're suddenly unable to train, that 3,000 point ride will stand you in good stead if your goal is 1,200 per week... 

Guest notmyname

Not to sound too facetious, but as long as you hit your goal each week, why nit pick the points allocations? I would think that for most of us this would be easy peasy.

I don't really care to be honest. Currently ride five times a week so achieving the goal is not the issue.

Can I ask you guys to help me out please.. I recently bought a Garmin Forerunner 235 in order to get the extra points for Vitality Rewards. It works perfectly, the problem I am having is getting Strava to pick up my HR on it. I have bluetooth connected but it doesn't pick it up so the ride gets recorded on Strava and Garmin but only the Garmin has my HR data so Discovery don't allocate the extra points.

What the easiest way to use these two before I ride in order to post to Discovery with all the info?

Apologies, I'm sure this has already been covered, its just too much to sift through. 

Can I ask you guys to help me out please.. I recently bought a Garmin Forerunner 235 in order to get the extra points for Vitality Rewards. It works perfectly, the problem I am having is getting Strava to pick up my HR on it. I have bluetooth connected but it doesn't pick it up so the ride gets recorded on Strava and Garmin but only the Garmin has my HR data so Discovery don't allocate the extra points.

What the easiest way to use these two before I ride in order to post to Discovery with all the info?

Apologies, I'm sure this has already been covered, its just too much to sift through. 

Make sure you link Garmin and Discovery, I find that Discovery picks up all my garmin connect info long before it does strava.

I then sync garmin and strava... and strava will pick up all the info from garmin connect

I have Discovery and strava linked as a backup just in case

Edited by shaper

Make sure you link Garmin and Discovery, I find that Discovery picks up all my garmin info long before it does strava

This. Strava doesn't seem to like pulling HR data from Garmin, sometimes. 

Plus, it's far quicker to get the sync from GC than Strava.