Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So I have done the following:

Log on to the VA app. Select online workouts. Pick a work out that either exceeds 30 minutes or do two workouts that together exceed 30 minutes (you don't have to do them back to back. You can stagger them as long as they are done on the same day) this gets you 100 points and counts as a gym visit.

I had 35/36 visits on the 18th April. I have done 3 online workouts and I am now sitting at 38/36. I have to get 7 visits in by end of May. I am on a legacy contract. I'm not taking any chances. I'll do the workouts and back them up by recording the activity with my device just in case I get audited.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any trick with respect to the virgin active online videos and vitality? I only came across this thread yesterday and have now “watched” 6+ videos but cannot see any record on the virgin app or on the disco app.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

SMS received now:

Vitality: We're paying you to exercise. Every Vitality exercise point earned is a Discovery Mile in the Bank. So get active! discv.co/PointsToMiles. Auth FSP.

SMS received now:

Vitality: We're paying you to exercise. Every Vitality exercise point earned is a Discovery Mile in the Bank. So get active! discv.co/PointsToMiles. Auth FSP.

Also just got the same SMS!

SMS received now:

Also got the SMS. Tried clicking on the link to see the T's & C's, but site down for maintenance. I presume there'll be a limit to how much they'll pay per week... But still very cool.

Website down for maintenance at the moment, so i presume they doing upgrades for this inititive.

Also got the SMS. Tried clicking on the link to see the T's & C's, but site down for maintenance. I presume there'll be a limit to how much they'll pay per week... But still very cool.

With the website being down and the max points per day is 300, you will only likely get max of 2100 point/miles per week?

From the link on the sms

Watch your exercise points increase your Discovery Miles balance

We know it isn't easy to work out and keep moving while you’re at home – which is why we will reward Discovery Bank clients with Vitality Money even more for making the effort during this challenging time. For each exercise point you earn, we'll reward you with one Discovery Mile. Making your workouts work for you.

That means if you earn 100 Vitality exercise points this week, we'll reward you with 100 Discovery Miles in your Discovery Miles account. All the exercise points that have been captured from 18 April 2020 until 29 May 2020 will be rewarded in Discovery Miles, and will be allocated weekly on a Friday.

See attached T'c and C's from the website (I haven't read through them yet.)

point 3 highlights who qualifies.

The following terms and conditions apply to the Vitality exercise points to Discovery Miles campaign. Vitality Money clients who are Discovery Vitality Health members, will get rewarded with Discovery Miles for every Vitality exercise point they earn from home, during the period of 18 April 2020 up to and including 29 May 2020.

Terms and conditions for the Vitality exercise points to Discovery Miles campaign.

1. The promoters are Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd (“Discovery Vitality”) and Discovery Bank Ltd (“Discovery Bank”), also referred to as ‘promoter’, ‘us’, ‘we’, and ‘our’.

2. The Vitality exercise points to Discovery Miles campaign starts on 23 April 2020 and ends at midnight on 29 May 2020.

3. The campaign is open to Discovery Vitality Health members with an active Vitality Health membership, who are Discovery Bank primary accountholders with a qualifying Discovery Bank account, and have activated the Vitality Money programme.

5. Discovery Bank clients who are only secondary cardholders, and/or only have Discovery savings accounts are not eligible for the Vitality Money programme and not eligible for this campaign.

6. Through the Vitality Money programme, Discovery Vitality Health members with a qualifying Discovery Bank account, will earn one Discovery Mile for every Vitality exercise point earned during the period of 18 April 2020 up to and including 29 May 2020 (period of six weeks).

7. Discovery Miles earned are limited to the maximum Vitality exercise points earned in a day.

8. The Discovery Miles earned will be awarded on a weekly basis into the client’s Discovery Miles

account.

9. Vitality exercise points earned within a Saturday to Friday cycle, will be awarded in Discovery

Miles the following Friday. Fitness events captured by midnight on a Tuesday, following each

cycle week, will also count and be allocated in Discovery Miles on the Friday of that week.

10. Anyeventscapturedoutsideofthecampaignperiodwillnotbeeligibletobeallocatedin

Discovery Miles.

11. You will receive a weekly SMS notification when your Discovery Miles have been allocated into your Discovery Miles account for the Vitality exercise points to Discovery Miles campaign.

12. Discovery Vitality members need to get their own tax advice about any benefit they may get in terms of these rules. Discovery Vitality will not be responsible for any tax consequences.

Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial services provider. Registration number: 1999/007736/07. Limits, terms and conditions apply. Discovery Bank Limited. Registration number 2015/408745/06. An authorised financial services and registered credit provider. FSP number 48657. NCR registration number NCRCP9997. Limits, terms and conditions apply.

4. Qualifying Discovery Bank accounts include:

a. Discovery Transaction Accounts,

b. Discovery Card accounts, and

c. Discovery full banking suites.

13. In these rules, “Promoters” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the campaign, which includes Discovery Group of companies and Discovery Vitality.

14. The Promoters reserve the right to revise, alter, cancel or amend the campaign rules (including any prize) with prior notice to all participants. Participants will waive and abandon any rights they may have against the Promoters, its affiliates or associated companies.

15. If required as a result of legislation or other legal reasons, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate this campaign immediately. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this offer and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters or their agents. The Promoters further reserve the right to terminate this offer in the event that it is held to be, or becomes, unlawful.

16. Discovery Vitality will not be held responsible for any misrepresentation caused due to an unintentional copy error, typing error or omission that may occur on any of our promotional material and communications.

17. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.

18. By participating in this campaign, all participants agree to be bound by these rules, as well as the Vitality Main Rules.

19. Discovery Vitality members can get a copy of the Vitality Main Rules here.

23 April 2020

Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial services provider. Registration number: 1999/007736/07. Limits, terms and conditions apply. Discovery Bank Limited. Registration number 2015/408745/06. An authorised financial services and registered credit provider. FSP number 48657. NCR registration number NCRCP9997. Limits, terms and conditions apply.

Discovery app still not registering my ride from tuesday "points not calculated" ?

Same here, since Wednesday. And wifey's from Sat and this morning.

I'm imagining someone sitting working from home, with a Casio in hand trying to calculate all Vitality users' points for the last week. Probably due to the 1st gen Raspberry Pi that they've been using as server crashing. I assume their banking is less temperamental than this...