Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hit the targets both weeks, but purely because they've been post 947 chill weeks, for a bit of a mental and physical break from chasing watts and tss, so i've been jogging and doing a bit of strength training at gym.

But when i'm back to flat out training on the bike, gym time is reduced, so is run time.

And i definitely generally rest 2 days a week.

This may actually promote that 'walk into gym just to swipe the card' that lazy people do.

And driving through the hood at 30km/h in the car with the Garmin on, twice a week for 300 points.

As of next year, that'll only get you 100 points per session. 

Good, too, 'cos it gets the fat feckers out of their chairs to actually do some work for a change if they want their free apple watch. 

Yes, I'm writing this whilst drunk, high on codeine and pissed off that my ****** up ribs are preventing anything over 100bpm (never mind general functional training) to be at all bearable. 

Here you go, to make it easy. 

Yes, I'm drunk, and popped 6 Adcodol 30 min ago.

No, it doesn't excuse your laziness

Yes yes, don't shout...  I read about what's planned for next year...

My main concern is that I'm going to over train for smoothies till 2016.

Myles, we are fully aware the points system is changing next year and hopefully will be beneficial... depending on what the soft target becomes as that may change from the current 1200.

What we were discussing was the current situation... and currently you need to get points 6 days a week unless you can get the additional points for a park run or for a race done.... so no need to repeat yourself :)

As of next year, that'll only get you 100 points per session. 

Good, too, 'cos it gets the fat feckers out of their chairs to actually do some work for a change if they want their free apple watch. 

Yes, I'm writing this whilst drunk, high on codeine and pissed off that my ****** up ribs are preventing anything over 100bpm (never mind general functional training) to be at all bearable. 

I hope you've applied for a TUE...

That's why i asked if i missed something. Ain't nobody got time to read every post in 48 pages.

LOL. Dude. I've followed this thread for the past 48 pages, as well as 10,000 more with the same general question. I know you're a new entrant, so it's cool - I'll refer you to places and such where the info is shared. Cos yeah, 48 pages is a shartload to digest in a short space of time. 

It's more a general expression of disdain for those who have been here for more than a day or 2 (hello, shaper) and still not got it in their thick skulls. 

Myles, we are fully aware the points system is changing next year and hopefully will be beneficial... depending on what the soft target becomes as that may change from the current 1200.

What we were discussing was the current situation... and currently you need to get points 6 days a week unless you can get the additional points for a park run or for a race done.... so no need to repeat yourself :)

Parkrun. 500 points. You just need to walk it, 5km on a saturday morning.

Then it's just 700 more. You get 200 per workout if you use an HR monitor. A 30 minute walk counts as a workout. 

Tell me it's difficult again. 

See comment above... hello Myles ;)

Edit, yes a park run is difficult to fit in as weekends are a long ride on Saturday followed by a long slow run on a Sunday... some of us are already in training for half ironman in EL in January

And am starting to like my smoothies :)

Edited by shaper

The current system does not penalise you for missing the target, so does it matter if you miss the target?

Next year... different story.

No. You just miss out on a smoothie. Or a coffee. Big deal. 

The current system does not penalise you for missing the target, so does it matter if you miss the target?

Next year... different story.

Come now Gerald, people complain about poor race packs, and now i must just let FREE iced beverages slip through my fingers...???

Pull yourself together maaaan...

See comment above... hello Myles ;)

Edit, yes a park run is difficult to fit in as weekends are a long ride on Saturday followed by a long slow run on a Sunday... some of us are already in training for half ironman in EL in January

And am starting to like my smoothies :)

If your long slow is more than 21km (which for 70.3 or full IM I'm sure it is) then you'll be there in one session. 

Come now Gerald, people complain about poor race packs, and now i must just let FREE iced beverages slip through my fingers...???

Pull yourself together maaaan...

Americano, black. Need the energy. Makes me piss like a racehorse though. 

If your long slow is more than 21km (which for 70.3 or full IM I'm sure it is) then you'll be there in one session. 

Americano, black. Need the energy. Makes me piss like a racehorse though.

When it is the new points system I agree, currently you only get 200 points for a 30 min with hrm, irrespective of distance.

Maybe will have to switch training days and put the park run in the middle of my training run ;)

I wonder what the ratio is between smoothie and coffee claimed?

Personally I dislike the Kauai coffee (don't think they know the basics of making coffee). As for Vida, they're just too far from work/home.

Smoothie FTW!

Edited by geraldm24