[Event] Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Nick

Just look at the pic above, the guy that came second had his bike board on and Nolan not... Did that make the millisecond difference in the final sprint?  :devil:

In any case

I was planning to keep my plastic board on the bike so that everyone can admire my awesome seeding... Just like the Epic riders with their Epic stickers..

cue "everything is awesome" song

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just look at the pic above, the guy that came second had his bike board on and Nolan not... Did that make the millisecond difference in the final sprint? :devil:

In any case

I was planning to keep my plastic board on the bike so that everyone can admire my awesome seeding... Just like the Epic riders with their Epic stickers..

Perhaps if they used the number boards to disqualify the okes riding like numpties on the wrong side of the road? (Only asking for a friend who dropped a few hundred places from last year)

What do you guys think of the number boards for the bikes? We had the same in the DC and it looked horrible. Here you have all these aero bikes with a number board at the front. These are road bikes for goodness sake! I thought the reason therefore was for the safe storage in bike park at the end of the race (at the DC) but surely they can rather use a sticker option for your seatpost like they do in the 947.

Why not just cable tie it to your seat post, like all my team mates did on their bikes...

Tiny K rides in a team now .... oooooo.. us plebs are no longer worthy ..

It's the way forward Slowbee! You can make a team too bru! :ph34r:  :ph34r: :whistling:  

It's the way forward Slowbee! You can make a team too bru! :ph34r:  :ph34r: :whistling:  

if you can push 90kg, round a somewhat hilly 200km course near Swellendam (I think) I'll consider your CV for my team.

if you can push 90kg, round a somewhat hilly 200km course near Swellendam (I think) I'll consider your CV for my team.

There you go! Now you're thinking like a true captain! Eishhh, I have however already committed to my team for next year already... Haha.

I will however do a ride on your team on the 16th of December and bring a toy with as my sign of appreciation for letting me ride along...

True, when we came along the R44 people were just riding in the yellow lane, but occasionally had to pass just outside the yellow lane.  Pity is that the cars don't slow down at all when passing and made for a couple of very hairy close calls.

Hence my father in law's accident  - getting hit by a car just before Windmeul

There you go! Now you're thinking like a true captain! Eishhh, I have however already committed to my team for next year already... Haha.

I will however do a ride on your team on the 16th of December and bring a toy with as my sign of appreciation for letting me ride along...

your penance is accepted :clap:

What do you guys think of the number boards for the bikes? We had the same in the DC and it looked horrible. Here you have all these aero bikes with a number board at the front. These are road bikes for goodness sake! I thought the reason therefore was for the safe storage in bike park at the end of the race (at the DC) but surely they can rather use a sticker option for your seatpost like they do in the 947.

They should keep them for mtb'ing. Really no need.

Hehe! Nice one!

I made your photo roll!

SCT2015.jpg

I've never seen that intense race face yet, Tube'

That can be framed and hung over the fire-place ????

I've never seen that intense race face yet, Tube'

That can be framed and hung over the fire-place

Haha. Thanks man!

Yeah, it's been quite an intense trip working my way up from Q at the One Tonner after 3 years of social riding and seeding slippage! 

You up for a 'Last Man Standing' ride this summer again?   :whistling:  :thumbup:

How do you move from Q to 1C in less than a year? What's your secret cos despite going faster my seeding seems to stay in the same place

Where do I leave the cheque?

How do you move from Q to 1C in less than a year? What's your secret cos despite going faster my seeding seems to stay in the same place

Where do I leave the cheque?

You ride off the front of Q at the One Tonner with a group of 5 riders and get your seeding rechecked!

Archived