Attakwas 2016

Jeanpg

My 1st one, and I did not train. No training December, to busy at work and the 30th my friend asked me to go and ride in his place. I am gonna suffer big time. If you see a moertoe guy on a white silverback, give him a push.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1st one, and I did not train. No training December, to busy at work and the 30th my friend asked me to go and ride in his place. I am gonna suffer big time. If you see a moertoe guy on a white silverback, give him a push.

just pace yourself. that's it.

Not to be confused with the other moertoe guy also on a white Silverback. Mine a  hardtail 26er.(I Know, I know but it's what I have) Also my first. Managed to do a few rides on some of the farm roads in the area, but not nearly enough. Eish I'm worried. I've read all the advice here , and spoke to a few guys that have also done it. A long, careful ,slow day for me. See you there.

Edited by Blokman

You are not stating this from experience I assume ? Surely you have not checked the results ?

I ahve generally the top ten guys ride an argus in around 2h30 and Attakwas in about 5.

I haven't smoothed and normalised so my opinion was based on aback of the cigarette box calc that an ATTA time would be roughly (Argus time x2) + 10%.

So a three hour Argus would give a rider around 6hr40min. Assuming my fudge factor is out by and I double the fudge to 20% a three hour argus would give you a finish time of less than 7h30.

Other reasonable assumptions are

- that a roadie who focuses on Argus will likely spend a lot of time preparing for a Attakwas and therefore minimise losses on the technical sections and likely able to make it up in the last 50km.

-weather conditions affect all riders equally.

Since in your opinion this is not enough to speculate as to how to compare a Argus time to a Atta time please do inform me of your methodology. I would like to sharpen my model

I ahve generally the top ten guys ride an argus in around 2h30 and Attakwas in about 5.

I haven't smoothed and normalised so my opinion was based on aback of the cigarette box calc that an ATTA time would be roughly (Argus time x2) + 10%.

So a three hour Argus would give a rider around 6hr40min. Assuming my fudge factor is out by and I double the fudge to 20% a three hour argus would give you a finish time of less than 7h30.

Other reasonable assumptions are

- that a roadie who focuses on Argus will likely spend a lot of time preparing for a Attakwas and therefore minimise losses on the technical sections and likely able to make it up in the last 50km.

-weather conditions affect all riders equally.

Since in your opinion this is not enough to speculate as to how to compare a Argus time to a Atta time please do inform me of your methodology. I would like to sharpen my model

....i didn't take Home Economics in High School,..but must say, you've totally lost me at "double the fudge to 20%"....????

BTW, my Fudge Pack ain't hard enough for this purpose yet,..so I'll have to fudge up for another time ????

Edited by BRAND:O)N

I requested to be reseeded backwards. the feedback:

"We have now eliminated F, and they will all be starting in E"

Long term forecast looks good. 

Getting nervous  :whistling:

people are quiet, probably out training? 

I have a vehicle transport booking that I`m not going to use.

Anybody wants to take it over?

PM me

Cost?

post-32865-1452597110,7064.png

Good weather? [emoji33] [emoji264] A bit windy I see, but it just makes one stronger I guess.

Edited by BSG