[Event] 2016 Old Mutual JoBerg2c

Roblillie

We were in the parking area when the "back up" that was called arrived. 

She asked "I'm looking for two cyclists" and we replied "take your pick" 

Used my friends phone to find out where you were.

Look like you took a nasty tumble there. Heal up quick, hope you are back on the bike soon.

lol yes thanks helping, apparently when asked "what bikes were they on" Graham's wife replied "ones with wheels!"

Yeah fall was bad, op booked for next week for plate and screws...

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were in the parking area when the "back up" that was called arrived. 

She asked "I'm looking for two cyclists" and we replied "take your pick" 

Used my friends phone to find out where you were.

Look like you took a nasty tumble there. Heal up quick, hope you are back on the bike soon.

thanks for lending the phone.  Otherwise we would still be in the bike shop exchanging war stories with the lady tending bar :-)

On that note - thanks to the lady behind the bar for the coffee.  

(For those that didn't know, there is a bike shop at the back of hoogekraal - with coffee :-)   

Look like you took a nasty tumble there. ...

Yep - 6 screws and a piece of titanium by all accounts...

We went looking for the Coffee shop, and actually rode through it on our bikes (I know, no class  :blush: ) so we probably went past you without knowing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody knows of an affordable bike transport for this event?

Just want our bikes (3 x bikes) transported to the start in Heidelberg and then back again from the finish.

Tried all the usual transporters in Cpt, nobody is doing it, or it is coupled to a hugely expensive "Technical Assistance Package" 

Hi Wannabe, did you have success finding transport ? I am in the same boat (i.e. CT based)

Hello guys & gals of joBerg2c 2016

Please note the NB change in race village & route on day 4.

Day 4 race village is no longer in Winterton "town", but 20km outside at Em'Seni camp (home of Berg & Bush) to make day 4's riding end on a high with a shorter day!

We will upload the routes as soon as they're done - we just finished the dry run with the farmers & their urban friend.

Please email me if you need any further info - roxanne@joberg2c.co.za

Roxy Green

Hi Guys,

what are the shower options at the end / beach ? to avoid shuttle and flight agro

thanks

We have showers at the finish - after your compulsory swim in the sea!

Anybody knows of an affordable bike transport for this event?

Just want our bikes (3 x bikes) transported to the start in Heidelberg and then back again from the finish.

Tried all the usual transporters in Cpt, nobody is doing it, or it is coupled to a hugely expensive "Technical Assistance Package" 

Hi, try Billy.

Contact Billy Macleod

billy@allinevents.co.za

Cell: 081 885 2914

How's every ones race prep going? Less than 6 weeks to go now!

Getting some big rides in lately... just need to work out which bit of my team mate's bike to hold onto for the uphills :ph34r:

Thanks, will give him a call

(sent him email a week ago and no reply - so wanted to check if you managed to get him)

He called me at 22h00 one evening a few nights after I sent him a mail. We had a lekker long chat, like old buddies. We spoke for about half an hour, on his cost.

He sounds like a very jovial guy (and one that can make for a very loooooonnngggg night, if you catch my drift.)

Archived