[Event] 2016 Old Mutual JoBerg2c

Roblillie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing my first one next year.

Should I invest in a DS for this, or will my trusty 29'er HT suffice?

Also on my first go next year and wondering about the DS vs. HT.

Right now on my trusty steel Niner HT that has been fine for W2W and S2C.

The 9 back to back long days out is making me wonder if a DS may make it more fun / comfortable.

I'm super tempted to hit it again... but I think the focus for next year really needs to be my family.

I will though definitely be back - absolutely awesome experience!

Doing my first one next year.

Should I invest in a DS for this, or will my trusty 29'er HT suffice?

Also on my first go next year and wondering about the DS vs. HT.

Right now on my trusty steel Niner HT that has been fine for W2W and S2C.

The 9 back to back long days out is making me wonder if a DS may make it more fun / comfortable.

I did it on a 26er HT, it was perfectly fine. There were bumpy grassy sections in the first 3 days that would have been slightly more comfortable on a DS but really were no big deal. I want to do it this coming year and if I do, it will be on a 29 HT even though I have a DS. There will be others that say that just due to the sheer time in the saddle a DS might be easier on the body.

I'm in for next year, will be my first. After 4 consecutive Sani2c events I'm looking forward to something slightly different.

Can't wait to take a 9 days break from life.

Any past (or future) participants know of Cape Town based companies offering both bike transport and maintenance packages.

It would be great if we could kill both items with one stone :-)

Howzit riders!

Thanks for all the constructive (and hilarious) feedback we'd absolutely love having you guys there - entries close end of Jan and we're filling up well. Feel free to ask any more questions I'd be happy to answer? 

Roxy Green

post-85733-0-06208500-1448528481_thumb.png

Any past (or future) participants know of Cape Town based companies offering both bike transport and maintenance packages.

It would be great if we could kill both items with one stone :-)

Howsit! We have a few options available at this stage - can you email me roxanne@joberg2c.co.za ?Will sort you out :)

Howsit! We have a few options available at this stage - can you email me roxanne@joberg2c.co.za ?Will sort you out :)

Mail sent - thanks for the help.

Rode in 2013 .Up there with the most memorable experiences of my life .

2016 will not be my year, so maybe 2017.

You've done a few CPT's.  So which one is the better of the two?

I know Sani2C is doable on a Cx bike.  What about this one?

Sure its doable but not so sure it will be as enjoyable as it will be on a MTB. 

2016 will not be my year, so maybe 2017.

You've done a few CPT's.  So which one is the better of the two?

The race village vibe ,watertables ,route ,bigger tent make the 9 days enjoyable as opposed to bearable.You actually want to stay in the race village .If you haven,t done a joberg2c yet ,you are missing out .This year there were a lot of repeat Cape pioneer trekker,s including myself .Joberg2c is getting a more "corporate feel "CPT is all about MTBing .Joberg2c on non rigid Singlespeed is on my bucketlist .Cx for 900km ????? :eek:

Archived