[Event] 2016 Old Mutual JoBerg2c

Roblillie

We have showers at the finish - after your compulsory swim in the sea!

FANTASTIC ! Thanks - (and its Kaalgat in the sea of course !)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He called me at 22h00 one evening a few nights after I sent him a mail. We had a lekker long chat, like old buddies. We spoke for about half an hour, on his cost.

He sounds like a very jovial guy (and one that can make for a very loooooonnngggg night, if you catch my drift.)

Cool, - can you give me an idea of his costs (called him - not available yet due to Epic commitments)

Cool, - can you give me an idea of his costs (called him - not available yet due to Epic commitments)

R1600.00 per bike.

You drop it off, they wrap it up as is, no parts gets removed or adjusted. You collect it again in Jhb, and drop it off at finish again.

R1600.00 per bike.

You drop it off, they wrap it up as is, no parts gets removed or adjusted. You collect it again in Jhb, and drop it off at finish again.

Thanks for info.

mmm...in Jhb or at start.

i.e. does one then have to take the extra Jhb to start shuttle ?

(ps. still not been able to contact them)

Thanks for info.

mmm...in Jhb or at start.

i.e. does one then have to take the extra Jhb to start shuttle ?

(ps. still not been able to contact them)

Leave him a voice message or send him a SMS to contact you.

bike transportation from Cape Town to the event and back

·         mechanical service packages

·         massage packages

****************************************************************************

*NO BOXING*  *NO DISASSEMBLING*  *NO LOOKING FOR MULTI TOOLS*

**NO PANICKING TO REASSEMBLE YOUR BIKE JUST BEFORE RACE**

***NO HASSLES AT THE AIRPORTS***

JUST THE PLEASURE AND ENJOYMENT OF YOUR MTB EVENT.

ITS NOT JUST ABOUT TRANSPORTATION. OUR CUSTOMERS ENJOY SERVICE AT A PERSONAL LEVEL,

SO YOU CAN RELAX AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR EVENT WHILE WE TAKE CARE OF ALL BIKE TRANSPORTATION NEEDS

Bike transportation from Cape Town

• Bike transport from Cape Town to the start of the race
  • To protect your equipment and ours, your bikes are to be delivered to us clean & race ready - no dissembling of bikes needed.
  • You can leave you tubby bags and C02 canisters on the bike.
  • Please remove all garmins, cat eyes, heart rate monitors, etc from your bikes. We do not take shoes or helmets with your bike
  • Bikes will be ready for collection at the start on the morning of the race.
  • At the finish, just drop your bike with us. We will rinse your bike before packing.
  • R1600.00 per bike

Leave him a voice message or send him a SMS to contact you.

bike transportation from Cape Town to the event and back

·         mechanical service packages

·         massage packages

****************************************************************************

*NO BOXING*  *NO DISASSEMBLING*  *NO LOOKING FOR MULTI TOOLS*

**NO PANICKING TO REASSEMBLE YOUR BIKE JUST BEFORE RACE**

***NO HASSLES AT THE AIRPORTS***

JUST THE PLEASURE AND ENJOYMENT OF YOUR MTB EVENT.

ITS NOT JUST ABOUT TRANSPORTATION. OUR CUSTOMERS ENJOY SERVICE AT A PERSONAL LEVEL,

SO YOU CAN RELAX AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR EVENT WHILE WE TAKE CARE OF ALL BIKE TRANSPORTATION NEEDS

Bike transportation from Cape Town

• Bike transport from Cape Town to the start of the race
  • To protect your equipment and ours, your bikes are to be delivered to us clean & race ready - no dissembling of bikes needed.
  • You can leave you tubby bags and C02 canisters on the bike.
  • Please remove all garmins, cat eyes, heart rate monitors, etc from your bikes. We do not take shoes or helmets with your bike
  • Bikes will be ready for collection at the start on the morning of the race.
  • At the finish, just drop your bike with us. We will rinse your bike before packing.
  • R1600.00 per bike

Great info - thanks.

(yup, did leave him voice mail and emails.)

I used Billie last year.

Lekker oke. Glad I didn't bump into him in the race village as I would have been hung over the next day...

He provided a good service and would definitely recommend him.

We dropped our bikes off at specified place and time - all clean & lubed with bombs taped to frame.

The shuttle bus service took us from Joberg to the start area. We got off the bus, walked over to Billie and found our bikes on racks. We put excess bombs into our baggage before that went on the truck, checked tyre pressure and rolled over to the start line - good to go.

(I would recommend checking your saddle height and that your bars are straight and stem bolts tight - just for peace of mind).

The process was reversed at the end. We taped our spare bombs back on the frame, took our dirty bikes to Billy to clean before packing and headed off for our swim before getting the taxi to the airport. A few days later we collected our clean'ish bikes from him.

All good  :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any hubbers doing the Miele ride tomorrow?

yeah, ditto, will be cool to meet up with some guys from hub land.

• 2 weeks later...

Selling my race top from last year... size large, still got the tags on if anyone is looking for another. R300 sounds fair? Drop me a pm if you're interested

Good luck to everyone riding this year... I'm bloody jealous  :blush:

What's up guys, no other Hubbers doing the J2C this year?

And if there is, is no one else even remotely excited?

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

more like green with envy

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

Enjoy it Wannabe!

Myself and Dubber are bleak that we won't be there due to my broken collar bone. On a positive note I am hoping for green light to loose the sling and start strength training and be back on the bike around the time you guys are having a swim in the sea!

Archived