Karkloof Mountain Bike Trails: Temporary Closures and Rerouting

News bot

The New 20 km route is sooooooo much better than the old one. Well done Karkloof. The new Supa 20 also rocks, excuse the pun, it now includes a refurbished Sid Vicious, totally awesome route for those who love a little technical in their ride. Well done again Karkloof :)

Dont think so at all. There are so many trails to make up an awesome route. The guys at Karkloof are famous for making new trails if needs be. I'll be entering the trailblazer just to see what challenges they have in store for us this year around :)

The new Supa 20 is awesome! I hope once the tree felling is finished they keep this route plus open the old one or combine the two and make it a Supa 40 :)

Does this affect the outride routes at all? Rene's, Jewitts, Batt-outta-hell, etc?

According to the map it does not that is if I am reading it right.

Does this affect the outride routes at all? Rene's, Jewitts, Batt-outta-hell, etc?

The Lebanon climb is still closed, so Bat Outta Hell is not rideable.

The rest of the Out Back Trails are open

So, I'll be in the area from 26 December. Anything I need to look out for, other than organising a day pass and keeping away from the logging? Can anybody share gpx files for the various routes?

So, I'll be in the area from 26 December. Anything I need to look out for, other than organising a day pass and keeping away from the logging? Can anybody share gpx files for the various routes?

pm sent. Got lots of files for you

Same here. Drop me a message when you get down and we can make a plan to set you up with a few groups.

Edited by Spoke101

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to the Karkloof for a week after new year.I recall seeing a note that said all the Karkloof trails were closed due to timber felling. There is no note on the Karkloof web site about this. Can anybody tell me more or direct me to a site which gives detail.