1995 Kona Explosif

Fleming

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from PE. Owned a 1994 Hahanna. After folding the downtube behind the head tube, having it repaired by Jan Ellis and then folding it again, I tossed the frame. Still have most of the components though. P2 fork and stem High Command brake levers etc. "Upgraded" the fork to a Marzocchi Zokes back in the day. Best years of my life.

HI there - do you still have your old Hahanna parts? my wife also had a early '90 one - gave it away many years ago & still regrets it.... I'm looking around to try find or build up another one for her. Thanks, Ivan

There's an old Fire Mountain at my local CC, been there for quite a while. They have no idea how to price bikes. 

HI there - do you still have your old Hahanna parts? my wife also had a early '90 one - gave it away many years ago & still regrets it.... I'm looking around to try find or build up another one for her. Thanks, Ivan

I have some of the parts yeah. Some has been rolling around in my boot of my car for a while.

There's an old Fire Mountain at my local CC, been there for quite a while. They have no idea how to price bikes.

How much?

A resident brought her Cinder Cone Gold for a service this week . On taking the bicycle from her I could immediately feel the quality ! She had it since new and it is in immaculate condition .

How much?

I'll have a look again, I thought it was a bit much but now I'm seeing the potential...

Yup Kept the bars and fork. I may look into building her up completely rigid sometime in the future.

As for the bars. I cant beleive how light they are. I am not sure if I trust them to hold my 85kg weight.

Those Hyperlight bars used to snap like dry sticks - polish them up and hang them on a wall.

There was a yellow Kona model in the late 90s I lusted over as a youngster. Always loved the brand. Closest I got to owning one was getting a Kona fork for my Castello after I bent the original set when I hit an open manhole

Edited by the_bob

I had a gold hyper lite handlebar that was cut to bout 60cm. Not sure why but I’m those days we thought narrower bars were better

I had a gold hyper lite handlebar that was cut to bout 60cm. Not sure why but I’m those days we thought narrower bars were better

I had a 560mm bar on my 29er hardtail race bike till about a year ago. Never bothered me.

I have a line on a couple project two forks and a set of RockShox Judy in red for anyone looking. PM me if interested