Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

Hi guys, please bear with my ignorance here. So in order to qualify does one have to have a Discovery credit card?

I get points via Gym membership as well as Garmin Connect, I take it that's something else entirely?

Yes, at least a Gold card with R 600 available and a R 10k limit. 

Not something else entirely - the points that you get via your garmin would be the same points that you get via the watch, as long as you have an iPhone to pair it with. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, at least a Gold card with R 600 available and a R 10k limit. 

Not something else entirely - the points that you get via your garmin would be the same points that you get via the watch, as long as you have an iPhone to pair it with. 

Thanks very much!

Hi guys, please bear with my ignorance here. So in order to qualify does one have to have a Discovery credit card?

I get points via Gym membership as well as Garmin Connect, I take it that's something else entirely?

Yip as the Cpt said

Also you have to be a vitality member (and activated active rewards)

And you get "show-up" points for just entering the gym and then points for a workout - the largest of the two will count to your daily point total...

Alos garmin connect is one of the ways in which you can get points - also there is strava, and other ways (i think also the apple watch health app as well..)

If you havent got the watch yet, probably better to wait. The thing is though, Apple tend to delay things. They were talking April in that article, I wouldnt be surprised if gets pushed back till the end of the year. Thats kinda the risk you take.

If you havent got the watch yet, probably better to wait. The thing is though, Apple tend to delay things. They were talking April in that article, I wouldnt be surprised if gets pushed back till the end of the year. Thats kinda the risk you take.

The problem is always that little 3rd grader in the back of my head shouting : "but i want it now"

(come to think of it - apple probably designs their ads and releases based on this little kid in my head!  :cursing: )

Usage 5 hrs, 2 min

Standby 1 day, 1 hr

8 % battery left

This incl the 40 km mtb ride

I read the watch has a low-power mode...? (i think it then becomes just a time-teller?)

have you seen if this made a difference?

Current trend. If you wait for the latest and greatest well, you will never buy anything. And everything you buy don't expect to be relevant in 2 years time.

Why... Watch is waterproof and dc rainmaker tested it. Why pay extra

No, Apple Watch is splash and water resistant, but not waterproof.

The Apple Watch has a water resistance rating of IPX7 under IEC standard 60529. This means the watch will survive if you wash your hands while wearing it or if it gets caught in the occasional rain storm, but you should take it off when swimming.

The Catalyst cover has an IPX8 rating and can be used for swimming and water activities. 

On top of that it really protects the device, should you ever want to resell your watch in a pristine condition. Sand on the beach? I would not simply use the watch, sand is notorious for killing devices. 

When cycling you have a "bulletproof" cover that will protect your watch against bumps an nicks. Check your bike frame, it is inevitable. 

I think, in the name of protecting your gear, this is a no brainer for an adventurous person. 

Did just over 6hrs today with Strava and watches had 64% battery left.

But it didn't record the heart rate, maybe because I didn't start Strava on watch but on phone? AFAIK I don't need to pair the watch HRM with the app on phone, anybody used it successfully?

Did just over 6hrs today with Strava and watches had 64% battery left.

But it didn't record the heart rate, maybe because I didn't start Strava on watch but on phone? AFAIK I don't need to pair the watch HRM with the app on phone, anybody used it successfully?

Jip you have to start and stop on watch

Archived