Show those Meridas

leeubok

BSG, is that Bloubergstrand? More specifically table view area? The paving and view of the sea looks very familiar.

Nope, it's Mosselbay in the back, pic taken from Kusweg, Tergniet/Reebok. It's part of my quick 25km after work routes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My baby is home ! :)

I have put a 50mm handle bar stem on, replaced the 90mm and whow, that made one big difference in the handling of the bike, much more responsive and very quick in turns.

Clicking sound just as the rear shock starts compressing.. Very odd, could be the BB Bearing is maybe loose, or one of the pivot bearings or bolts might need tightening up.. Just check all the connection points are nice and tight. When i bought my bike the clowns that assembled it didn't bleed the rear brake, brake handle would close fully with no resistance and no braking, although i did install my slx brakes on my Merida before i even took a ride in the garden, i also had to shorten the chain by 7 links if i remember correctly, as if they put a standard chain on and never bothered to check if its too long so fixed that along with replacing the rear derailleur from deore to slx shadow and i had to tighten the cassette and the lock ring for the rear rotor was finger tight too,so after installing my old bikes xt rotors on the merida i tighened them properly too.

So just double check all bolts, cable ties, lock rings, you name it.

Ok awesome, will do that. Will come back to you and let you know ! Thanks

I dont have to sit on the bike to here the noise. I just need to push on the seat abit and the click occurs. After i put compression there is no more clicks. The click/tick only starts again when the shock has 'reset' and then just before/or about when you try compres it, the same sound occurs. Its not the seat or seatpost as when standing on the pedals the click occurs again just when i Start to put compression on the shock and the shock starts moving..

Edited by Wheeler2

Ah Okay really looked like Table view hey :) @Wheeler2, we need a picture of your Merida standing proud next to some awesome single-track :)

Ah Okay really looked like Table view hey :) @Wheeler2, we need a picture of your Merida standing proud next to some awesome single-track :)

Will post one tom ! Going out for some lekker riding tommorow !

Your bottle cage, is that the BBB side loader? Can it adjust up and down a fair amount when mounting?

Reason i am asking is my AM has a very cramped geometry and most bottle cages do not have space to move further down toward the shock so the water bottle doesn't touch the top tube.

Its a KTM side loader, but fixed design.

You get nice rage side loaders as well. I have one on my wife's bike, space is also an issue and with the rage you can adjust it in two places.

will snap a pic for you when I get home

• 4 weeks later...

650B with a lefty I build up from a world cup 26" frame I bought on the hub. Frame weighed 950 Grams.

Very nice

This has been my ride for two and a half years now.  Love her to bits!  I keep threatening to upgrade but I prefer white bikes and all the new bikes are black.  Plus with DA components including new DA 9000 brakes, I don't think I can do much better for twice the price.

Ps.  This is an old pic and the handlebars have been adjusted!

My wife and I both had the Scultura EVO 905 bikes with Ultegra 6700 Components, she had the Red and Black (2011) and I had the Blue and black (2012) - they were awesome!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...