Show those Meridas

leeubok

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised, here she is, washed, clean and looking new with the new dropper installed :) I will post a update pic once the new rims are on :)

Looks mean!! Grr!!

I own 2 Merida mtb`s' both 29er, one a ht and the other a full suspension. Will post pics asap

Edited by BSG

Thanks to Leebok for starting this here Merida thread. I also thought that I was the only one riding a Merida.

Yeah Meridas certainly aren't held in the same regard as pyga, spez etc. But I was still surprised there wasn't a thread for them yet, they are good bikes.

I wasn't really a massive merida fan but when I was shopping for a new bike it was the best deal around. And I love the look of the ninety nine xt. So far I have no regrets, she rides like a dream..

Wheeler2, awesome looking bike, not often i see someone else with the same frame Merida as mine :) i really smaak that green and black color scheme

Thanks you ! Took it for its first ride today ! Absolutely love it. Only issue is just before compressing the rear shock there is a fairly loud click sound. Cant figure out where it's coming from. But wow its so different being on a softail !

Edited by Wheeler2

Clicking sound just as the rear shock starts compressing.. Very odd, could be the BB Bearing is maybe loose, or one of the pivot bearings or bolts might need tightening up.. Just check all the connection points are nice and tight. When i bought my bike the clowns that assembled it didn't bleed the rear brake, brake handle would close fully with no resistance and no braking, although i did install my slx brakes on my Merida before i even took a ride in the garden, i also had to shorten the chain by 7 links if i remember correctly, as if they put a standard chain on and never bothered to check if its too long so fixed that along with replacing the rear derailleur from deore to slx shadow and i had to tighten the cassette and the lock ring for the rear rotor was finger tight too,so after installing my old bikes xt rotors on the merida i tighened them properly too.

So just double check all bolts, cable ties, lock rings, you name it.

Clicking sound just as the rear shock starts compressing.. Very odd, could be the BB Bearing is maybe loose, or one of the pivot bearings or bolts might need tightening up.. Just check all the connection points are nice and tight. When i bought my bike the clowns that assembled it didn't bleed the rear brake, brake handle would close fully with no resistance and no braking, although i did install my slx brakes on my Merida before i even took a ride in the garden, i also had to shorten the chain by 7 links if i remember correctly, as if they put a standard chain on and never bothered to check if its too long so fixed that along with replacing the rear derailleur from deore to slx shadow and i had to tighten the cassette and the lock ring for the rear rotor was finger tight too,so after installing my old bikes xt rotors on the merida i tighened them properly too.

So just double check all bolts, cable ties, lock rings, you name it.

My rd and rear triangle on one of the pivot points rattled loose during the Knysna race through the plantations and I had the same clicking sound when the rear shock compressed, just tightened them up and never had any problems again. And yes I must admit, there is a huge difference with the riding on corrugated roads and through the plantations. I did the Transbaviaans on my full suspension and when we started coming down after Bergplaas I managed to go down the hills at very ridiculous speeds at night and I thoroughly enjoyed my fs on that ride. Edited by BSG