Top SA mountain biker tests positive for EPO

Guest Lancesball

Guest Lancesball

If his knobhead actions only damaged his life, I would agree with you. But many more suffer because of his knobhead choices.

I agree with you as I mentioned in my post. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does hold water, if you commit fraud there was a reason and your choice and no one but you can answer that as we cant with him and as I said it does not make it right it made it his choice which he now lives with.

Not as an excuse it doesnt. As a reason yes, but then I can think of a million reasons to rob a bank, can I use them as an excuse...not a single one

They really should do some serious testing during the veteran road races.

Specialy the guys who "have to upt their red blood cells on doctors advice" because they "are born with a natural red blood cell" dificiancy.

With a doctors epo prescription you can take it to anylevel!

Specialy the guys who "have to upt their red blood cells on doctors advice" because they "are born with a natural red blood cell" dificiancy.

It is not that simple I think.

For something like EPO you can be sure it will be scrutinized in the extreme and that your prescription will have to be justified 100% or the expert opposing opinions will land you in just as much trouble. EPO is normally prescribed for quite serious diseases, which will make it extremely suspicious in front of the field athletes.

Testosterone patches i.m.h.o. should be checked more carefully, especially in the older guys. There you have more feasible excuses for t.u.e. prescriptions for supposedly low testosterone, male menopause etc.

(Experts, please comment.)

Guest Lancesball

Hahaha you have no idea do you? hahahaha.

Rather the the vets for HGH, Testosterone and anything that will aid with recovery [emoji6]

Facepalm...

Are TUE's for EPO on the up and up...? 

For something like EPO you can be sure it will be scrutinized in the extreme and that your prescription will have to be justified 100% or the expert opposing opinions will land you in just as much trouble. EPO is normally prescribed for quite serious diseases, which will make it extremely suspicious in front of the field athletes.

Testosterone patches i.m.h.o. should be checked more carefully, especially in the older guys. There you have more feasible excuses for t.u.e. prescriptions for supposedly low testosterone, male menopause etc.

Reduced testosterone levels are a natural consequence of ageing. Someone should have told BS that.

Reduced testosterone levels are a natural consequence of ageing. Someone should have told BS that.

kekekeke....

6 pack says he makes his comeback later this year  :whistling:

kekekeke....

6 pack says he makes his comeback later this year  :whistling:

So another 'I've been training my ass off untested throughout my ban and now coming back to show you how good I am/was'?

So another 'I've been training my ass off untested throughout my ban and now coming back to show you how good I am/was'?

lol....how an ex doper can stand on a podium again and have the "kom ruik hoe ruik n kampioen" look in their eyes I dont know. 

How can anyone take any result they obtain serious again.

kekekeke....

6 pack says he makes his comeback later this year :whistling:

You notice how he was missing from the result sheet I posted earlier.......

Why does everyone freak out when someone gets caught doping? I say take the x factor out of it and level the playing field, let them take whatever the heck they want, and rather spend the time and money on the entertainment factor. Better TV coverage, more helicopters, and I want freakin pyrotechnics, set the course on fire...literally!!

I don't know what all the fuss is about. .Logically, how can you stay ahead of the competition thats doping, if you are only running on peanut butter, bananas and a few protein shakes?

Money, money,money makes the wheels go round....

Why does everyone freak out when someone gets caught doping? I say take the x factor out of it and level the playing field, let them take whatever the heck they want, and rather spend the time and money on the entertainment factor. Better TV coverage, more helicopters, and I want freakin pyrotechnics, set the course on fire...literally!!

I don't know what all the fuss is about. .Logically, how can you stay ahead of the competition thats doping, if you are only running on peanut butter, bananas and a few protein shakes?

Well because then we would see who the best crooked doctor / biggest budget / best doping program is...not who the best competitor / team is.

Your scenario presumes illegal substances have the same effect on everybody which isn't the case. 

Until, the money walks as it does not want to be associated with said doping.

Archived