Top SA mountain biker tests positive for EPO

Guest Lancesball

What about pomping your partners partner?

Wait, that would never happen...

Well depends...mexican donkey show...wait don't google that

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like where this is heading

It is fraud if we are honest about it

They claim to be professionals, should the rules/laws that apply to professionals apply here as well?

Does one get paid for pomping one's partner...

Is there "pomper of the year" awards, stage pomping races, world champ pomper award where your livelyhood is in direct proportion to how well you pomp

Well if your wife is a house wife, then I would say yes you are paying her.

So if one cheats on his/her spouse ..... no pomping for the rest of their life?

Naa they can pomp again, but they most likely have to find a new partner(or sport for that matter)

Well if your wife is a house wife, then I would say yes you are paying her.

whaaahaaa

and that is how the fight started

Why does everyone freak out when someone gets caught doping? I say take the x factor out of it and level the playing field, let them take whatever the heck they want, and rather spend the time and money on the entertainment factor. Better TV coverage, more helicopters, and I want freakin pyrotechnics, set the course on fire...literally!!

I don't know what all the fuss is about. .Logically, how can you stay ahead of the competition thats doping, if you are only running on peanut butter, bananas and a few protein shakes?

Money, money,money makes the wheels go round....

Both of my kids race competitively, your scenario is unacceptable to any parent of children who take their sport seriously.

If they have to risk their health to win they won't compete and that may deter future stars who may be able to entertain you by setting the course on fire.

They claim to be professionals, should the rules/laws that apply to professionals apply here as well?

Totally agree S....I mean take all the violin music out of it

The pressure from sponsers / the other okes are doing it / I tripped and fell into a bottle of EPO like Obelix and you are left with FRAUD.

You telling me you do not subscribe to this?

http://www.komdefender.com/

They work out who digital EPO and managed to pick up ebikes. (Mostly low heart rates and cadence.)

Well there's always microdosing, marginal gains and all that.

or the low tech option - no heartrate/cadence sensors.

Both of my kids race competitively, your scenario is unacceptable to any parent of children who take their sport seriously.

If they have to risk their health to win they won't compete and that may deter future stars who may be able to entertain you by setting the course on fire.

I do not think he was being serious, I hope.

Well there's always microdosing, marginal gains and all that.

or the low tech option - no heartrate/cadence sensors.

To be honest, the best part of that site is picking up okes rushing home from tokai clocking 140km/h up the M5 :P

I'm not lawyer, and would be interested to hear from lawyers on the Hub.

Could it be construed as fraud?

This extract was taken from a yank site. 

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of thedefendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

And discuss....

I'm not lawyer, and would be interested to hear from lawyers on the Hub.

Could it be construed as fraud?

This extract was taken from a yank site. 

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of thedefendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

And discuss....

mmmm checks all the boxes imo

I'll repeat what I said ages ago. In countries where doping is now a criminal offence (ie 'fraud') , there are definite differences in results. Times in the Tour on hills have dropped. Even the Pro's admit to it in their books - they were much more careful about getting caught in France than in Spain or Italy.

Why does everyone freak out when someone gets caught doping? I say take the x factor out of it and level the playing field, let them take whatever the heck they want, and rather spend the time and money on the entertainment factor. Better TV coverage, more helicopters, and I want freakin pyrotechnics, set the course on fire...literally!!

I don't know what all the fuss is about. .Logically, how can you stay ahead of the competition thats doping, if you are only running on peanut butter, bananas and a few protein shakes?

Money, money,money makes the wheels go round....

You need to look back a bit further to see what sport is supposed to be about...