old 26ers

Corne512

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was on a giant thermo 1 for about two years decided to "upgrade" to a fuji tahoe 1.0 29r, rode that for a year and decided it wasnt for me. Im back on a 26r in the form on a giant anthem. love it in the tech bits. Doubt ill ever go back to wagon wheels

post-52292-0-30965500-1452484318_thumb.jpg

Now running a 120mm fork, love the bike. Also ride a 650 steel hard tail, also lekka, always hard to decide on the ride!

I have a 29er hardtail that I rode for 2 years... Then in December I bought a Rocky Mountain Slayer 26" AM/Trail bike... and I honestly cant even dream of going back to 29. I love the 26". It is better in every way for me...

Ive still got my 26" Merida TFS Lite XT, with a few upgrades (like my Easton EA70XC wheels and a 1x chainring) she still flies, 

I love the way the 26" changes direction, makes it a beast through the tight single track...

Bring on the enchanted forest!!

(also I cant afford a 650b  :whistling: )

I still got my old 26" GT that I do most of my training on. I commute/train to and from work on it. I have got newer components on though. It has full XT except for brake levers and disks are deore. I have a set of ROLF PRIMA ralos 6 wheels on it with nobblies even though it hardly ever sees the dirt. I used to race it years ago before getting a 29er. Took her off road a few months ago and must admit it was a hard bumpy ride compared to my 29er HT, But still a blast to ride.

Archived