Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

You on a windows or Mac?

if Windows

Format SD Card using SDCard Formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/

Download disk image file for a Raspberry from Openelectv http://openelec.tv/get-openelec

Download Win32DiskImager http://www.raspberry-projects.com/pi/pi-operating-systems/win32diskimager

Use Win32Diskimager to write openelec image file to SD card... make sure you write to SD Card (Check drive letter !!!!!)

Once done, insert card in Raspberry and boot up ... kodi will eventually run

Install Kodi fusion installer https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Enable NTV, if not there then install NTV http://www.htpcguides.com/install-ntv-kodi-xbmc-plugin-screenshot-guide/

Install any other addons as you like

Will see how brave I am on Sunday [emoji23][emoji41]

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will see how brave I am on Sunday [emoji23][emoji41]

Once you have kodi set up as you want it.... a little tip... use win32diskimager to read a copy of your SD card and save it on your notebook.

Then if for any reason kodi gets corrupted, you can just reformat the SD card and reload your image file that you saved which will have all your addons and personal setups on it... saves a lot of time than if you have to start from the beginning :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I formatted an 8Gb micro USB and was wondering why the space allocation would be as per the pic (after installing the image file). It is E-drive in my case, but most of the space not allocated. Should I format it differently? I just kept the default options ...

Thanks

Edit: add screenshot

post-18551-0-19746800-1454497885_thumb.png

Edited by Joeboy69

3514e5c97e4ad5612a8145689698fdb8.jpg

In stead I'd Kodi starting up after inserting the new SD cars with the image, this is all I get; I'm getting used to failing with technology [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Did your format the card using sdcard formatter or did you format it via windows?... as it looks like you did it via windows... which is not the way to do it

Used the sd formatter software and then the software to copy the image over. The power should be OK as it works well with the Kodi on my original SD card.

Because of problems with my initial setup I'm trying a clean install on a new card as the Kodi may be corrupt as per an earlier post.

But will retry over the weekend [emoji106]

Edit: the initial screenshot for computer | disk management was just to see how the SD card looks after formatting and image copy. I suppose the unallocated space is because the image I copied didn't need all the space in the SD card

Edited by Joe De Beer

Thanks, working better now. Seems original image file had an issue as the latest one was more than double the size! Just installed ntv so I could watch Super Bowl now, will try the other stuff again next weekend.

Thank you

3514e5c97e4ad5612a8145689698fdb8.jpg

In stead I'd Kodi starting up after inserting the new SD cars with the image, this is all I get; I'm getting used to failing with technology [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Is that on a Raspberry pi?

Means your pii is underpowered ( charger not delivering enough current)

had that same window the other day.. reformatted and installed a fresh copy of kodi.. usually happens if you get a corrupted file..

if however you get that square but in the top right corner and your pi is running normally.. that's usually the under powered indicator.. unplug the pi.. leave it for a day or two and connect a higher amp charger, the official Raspberry pi charger is a 2.1amp, most cell chargers are that.

had that same window the other day.. reformatted and installed a fresh copy of kodi.. usually happens if you get a corrupted file..

if however you get that square but in the top right corner and your pi is running normally.. that's usually the under powered indicator.. unplug the pi.. leave it for a day or two and connect a higher amp charger, the official Raspberry pi charger is a 2.1amp, most cell chargers are that.

Will this affect the speed at which you are streaming as well?Had the square top right corner the other day and watching something takes ages to buffer

Will this affect the speed at which you are streaming as well?Had the square top right corner the other day and watching something takes ages to buffer

it shouldn't but then I'm no expert.. ( i only managed yesterday to finally be able stream video on my pi)

im still figuring it out myself..

trying to share a connected hardrive on my pi. and battling.. managed to after some frustrating effort get putty to work...

Im running osmc on my pii2.

Installed on 8gb sd card.

When i get slow buffering, it has to do with the content, and the downstream speed etc etc etc...

Do most of the viewing with the genesis add-on.

My fotos and videos are on an external drive at is connected to the RPi. I view it through the built in options, but was wondering if you guys have favorite add-ons you use to view it?

Edit: is there an add-on for Internet radio stations?

Edited by Joe De Beer

My fotos and videos are on an external drive at is connected to the RPi. I view it through the built in options, but was wondering if you guys have favorite add-ons you use to view it?

Edit: is there an add-on for Internet radio stations?

Tunein radio addon