Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. My only issue is that all of these little gems of info that are getting posted here are going to get lost in all the info and posts that are coming and I am sure will be coming...

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my own EPG on my computer at work  :ph34r:  

It takes a while (with lots of head banging and scratching) to learn how to create your own config file using webgrab plus, creating your own addon.ini file and then generate an XMLTV file to populate and have the correct addons installed to get it to work.

Then you start getting OCD and creating your own logo for the channels to go with the EPG hahaha

So would stick to the already available EPG addons i mentioned earlier there more than enough channels...... but with kodi, anything is possible and you are able to customise it as much as you want to your own needs and requirements  :thumbup:

Just a teaser to let you know what is possible...... DSTV.. who needs that???

post-33015-0-95848100-1458291439_thumb.jpg

post-33015-0-40277800-1458291539_thumb.jpg

Tried ivue epg now. Took several minutes to add 1 channel. This is gonna take some time

did you put in the login details under configure ivue?

ivuetemp for all 3 

did you put in the login details under configure ivue?

ivuetemp for all 3

Yes logged in. Just added 1 sky channel. Took a few minutes to add it from the addon which has about 200 channels which are not in alphabetical order. Might have to use the favourites route instead

shaper..i reckon lots of okes would pay you good money for an hour or two of your time in assisting with setting stuff up....just a thought.....

Better to learn kodi... the system is not plug and play, channels come and go as do addons get closed down when the likes of sky start taking an interest ... but new ones pop up as quickly as old ones close.

If I set up guys systems they will not learn.. and my phone will be ringing off the hook to come and fix this or that... whilst in the background wife or kids are screaming they missing their favourite.

In an evening you can learn how to load kodi and get recommended addons installed... as soon as someone mentions a new or better addon.. you know what to do... and takes a couple of minutes to install it.

Another evening to understand EPG's and then a little effort to find a channel in the EPG which does not have a stream and to go hunting for one to add to your favourites.

There are also plenty of EPG's that give you most of DSTV programs, better often and more up to date and better movies and series too.

Alternatively you want a long weekend of watching a series back to back, Exodus addon is there for that.

It may seem like a foreign language when you first start... but within a week you will be easily using kodi like it is second nature.. then you just play and add things (sort of like upgrading your bike) :)

Edited by shaper

Better to learn kodi... the system is not plug and play, channels come and go as do addons get closed down when the likes of sky start taking an interest ... but new ones pop up as quickly as old ones close.

If I set up guys systems they will not learn.. and my phone will be ringing off the hook to come and fix this or that... whilst in the background wife or kids are screaming they missing their favourite.

In an evening you can learn how to load kodi and get recommended addons installed... as soon as someone mentions a new or better addon.. you know what to do... and takes a couple of minutes to install it.

Another evening to understand EPG's and then a little effort to find a channel in the EPG which does not have a stream and to go hunting for one to add to your favourites.

There are also plenty of EPG's that give you most of DSTV programs, better often and more up to date and better movies and series too.

Alternatively you want a long weekend of watching a series back to back, Exodus addon is there for that.

It may seem like a foreign language when you first start... but within a week you will be easily using kodi like it is second nature.. then you just play and add things (sort of like upgrading your bike) :)

100%...i was referring more to showing guys how to do things so they can see for themselves...a bit like a skills clinic...for kodi..lol

nothing beats a bit of googling, youtubing and getting your hands dirty though...I am doing a sort of half arsed job with kodi cos its on my phone and its not my primary media device...but I was quite interested to where you can get to

If you want to see how far you can go with kodi... much more knowledgeable people on the forums ... I have learnt over the last year or so how to get it to work for me (many sore head evenings)... and am still learning !!

http://forum.kodi.tv/

https://forums.tvaddons.ag/

http://iptvtalk.org/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi-Discussion

I still have to get into IPTV and PVR so can record programs to watch later. Kodi has inbuilt PVR functions some simple, some quite complex, some of which can even be connected to a decoder/tv card

Still lots to learn.. especially as the build has moved from Kodi to Jarvis, with updates and new fictions being introduced all the time

It is the future for sure... just wish FTTH would become more affordable and available in all areas

100%...i was referring more to showing guys how to do things so they can see for themselves...a bit like a skills clinic...for kodi..lol

nothing beats a bit of googling, youtubing and getting your hands dirty though...I am doing a sort of half arsed job with kodi cos its on my phone and its not my primary media device...but I was quite interested to where you can get to

I was the same Stretch. I had it on my phone but my primary media device at home was the WD TV live and couldn't get Kodi on there. I was using Kodi to half ass stream live sport and play some HEVC movies because nothing else would play them. I started reading this thread and it was all gibberish. Did some research because the WD was giving problems and went the Android box route which came with Kodi installed. Well that was my cue to figure it out. I went back and re-read this thread and it all made sense now... I can't comment on the ROKU but I am very happy with what I have been able to accomplish withbthe MXQ so far. Really enjoying getting things to work as well!

installed last night .... going to be a steep learning curve!

one step at a time then to build this up and understand.

installed last night .... going to be a steep learning curve!

one step at a time then to build this up and understand.

Install these addons to get up and running and understand navigating around kodi

Fusion installer

FTV Repo and FTV Guide

Sportsdevil

ZemTV

Exodus

Google is your friend, there plenty vids, tutorials etc.

Fusion installer will load most of the popular addons automatically plus a few others

FTV repo will give you pretty much all the FTA (free to air) tv programs

FTV Guide will give you an easy to use EPG of the FTA channels plus others

Sportsdevil - all sports (sky especially)

ZemTV - Sports (Sky and others) as well as other channels you may not find as FTA

Exodus if not installed by Fusion ....as mentioned many times... online library of practically any film and tv series

You will be good to go with live streaming tv from around the world and links to sports channels as well as an internet database for films and tv series at your finger tips

Have fun :)

Once you got the basics other addons to consider installing and enabling... as it is a long weekend ....

Castaway

CCloud

Isrealive TV

FUBAR

USTVNOW

UK Turks

World News Live

Edit: you may be wondering why so many addons needed, generally as a backup. Each addon is pretty similar in that the core of the addon covers uk and usa streams and each will have something different which maybe of interest. So if you usual addon for live streaming is broken/offline, you can usually find a working stream in one of the other addons.

Of course there are also dedicated addons like Exodus which purley for movies and tv series

Edited by shaper

Currently watching the Napoleon Games on Eurosport UK2.

Hoping Milan-San Remo will be on the same channel tomorrow.

c7f3853276612bdd8f4f968934a1af12.jpg

One thing to add, the guys who look after the EPG's that have listed above do their channel information updating every day (usually at night)... so when you open the EPG for the first time that day it will take time to populate the EPG with the latest information as it is downloading over 200 channels of information. How quickly this happens is dependent on the speed and power (ram) of your tv box/pc/Rasbpi

A Rasbpi2 will take say 30 seconds where as a Rasbpi1 will take a couple of minutes.

It only does this once as the info is downloaded, then every time you open the EPG that day it will populate instantly

Is this now supposed to be getting all the channel info?

06c3d2b9dfcbd15724985dbb990068f9.jpg

Yes, that

Is this now supposed to be getting all the channel info?06c3d2b9dfcbd15724985dbb990068f9.jpg

Also watching the cycling :)

Yes, the guide is downloading the epg info, just give it time.

Once the epg is on the screen and populated, click C on your keyboard to bring up the menue, navigate to channels on the menu, click enter...now use the arrow keys to arrange your epg channels as you want and the enter key to switch channels on and off, then save and the epg will update the arrangement according to how you moved things around and hide those channels you switched off

Edited by shaper

post-12682-0-39540700-1458366537_thumb.jpg

This is my set-up

Have a 42" TV Non Smart

connected to a Raspberry Pi B+ with 2x 2TB Harddives

and A X-Box One which is mostly used to stream Netflex, Youtube And CrunchyRoll

as for the remote to control Kodi, im using my phone and Tablet

I'm using my laptop to download series for now with Sonarr to control torrents and keep my Library up to date

my next step is to get a little server, and steam my library over the W-Fi, with the Sonarr controlling the Library directly.