2016 motivation for getting lighter and faster

Maybe in the hypno session he ordered KFC and now you go and eat KFC in your sleep every night :P

Maybe but now to decide which is worse KFC or smoking

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

06377bb4fad341c3b1bdcf4d7a33604b.jpg

c091deac6413d61fdb01c0e8be557930.jpg

Small steps...in the right direction.

At first i thought pushing it with all the extra weight would make my legs stronger...but now i need to loose the guts to go faster and get up the hills easier

as you can see by the trend...some days you just give up.

Give Browns Drift a go

or Buttery Rd

Browns Drift is lovely. But there is nothing enjoyable about Buttery. That is pure unadulterated suffering. 

Browns Drift is lovely. But there is nothing enjoyable about Buttery. That is pure unadulterated suffering.

Climbed buttery a couple weeks ago...thought it ended at the corner looking from the bottom...as i took the corner and looked up...i just turned and went back down...i will climb right to the top...when i loose a few pounds.

Climbed buttery a couple weeks ago...thought it ended at the corner looking from the bottom...as i took the corner and looked up...i just turned and went back down...i will climb right to the top...when i loose a few pounds.

The first bit of the climb is the toughest. 20%+ gradient. Just keeping pushing once you turn the left bend and keep a steady pace :D

Good luck, have fun!

051aebff32f86812cf164c8b110c41fe.jpg

A year ago i said i wouldnt need to structure my riding in a way to try gain seconds...well this fella just beat me by 2 seconds.

seems like you just making it difficult for yourself with all the goals, targets and chasing down segments. Understand that it may help to motivate you, but just get out there and enjoy yourself. Be it running or cycling, its really all about having FUN.

For some people that is FUN! I get such a rush from that. My favourite sessions are the ones where my eyeballs bleed! My body definitely prefers base but my mind loves intensity. Different strokes for different folks.

Well today i decided it is time to start suffering again...i have just signed up for 8 weeks of cadence punishment...paid today so there is no turning back now.

hopefully in 8 weeks time i will achieve my 30 second 700 watt avg goal this time...

What i enjoy about these sessions...the bike has all the equipment needed to measure what you are doing...power...cadence and heart rate...and training is done around your threshold which is measured before you start.

let the games begin.

now just to get the fuel right...going to be doing the morning sessions this time.

Well today i decided it is time to start suffering again...i have just signed up for 8 weeks of cadence punishment...paid today so there is no turning back now.

hopefully in 8 weeks time i will achieve my 30 second 700 watt avg goal this time...

What i enjoy about these sessions...the bike has all the equipment needed to measure what you are doing...power...cadence and heart rate...and training is done around your threshold which is measured before you start.

let the games begin.

now just to get the fuel right...going to be doing the morning sessions this time.

I'm about to do the same, sign up for some power classes. Need to improve my power. I'm hoping jettisoning some excess weight will help me get faster too. It's great to see how you guys improve and the serious weight you lose! 

I'm about to do the same, sign up for some power classes. Need to improve my power. I'm hoping jettisoning some excess weight will help me get faster too. It's great to see how you guys improve and the serious weight you lose!

The weight loss comes from fuel management...what goes in must come out...you put in junk...you junk results.

The improved power and speed comes from cadence session and training...the rest is a result of the time in the saddle.

Registered with Cadence...self loops account active again...

Weight 111.4 kg...shocking!!!

FTP 228 watt...

rest 50 bpm...

max 186 bpm...

need to get bike setup right today...then from tomorrow it is time to put in the effort and make a few improvements and loose some weight.

Fuel intake must get fine tuned as soon as possible...this is going to determine how much i improve...I need to get this right...what to eat and when.

Registered with Cadence...self loops account active again...

Weight 111.4 kg...shocking!!!

FTP 228 watt...

rest 50 bpm...

max 186 bpm...

need to get bike setup right today...then from tomorrow it is time to put in the effort and make a few improvements and loose some weight.

Fuel intake must get fine tuned as soon as possible...this is going to determine how much i improve...I need to get this right...what to eat and when.

Very very little 3 times a day ;)

half a big mac burger 3 times a day :)

Uhhhhm no what did you not understand about 'very very little' huh  :blush:

Less than an Ethiopian on diet my friend!

half a big mac burger 3 times a day :)

No dude. Just no... 

Salad. Eggs. Chicken. Whatever. Limit the intake. I know, I'm also guilty of coming off the rails, FAR more than I'd like to admit. But seriously - big macs and such are not going to help you here. 

Archived