[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

Ekt ook 'n 50km met 500 klim gedoen, eks nou n dooie bobbejaan.....very worried

Ekt gister staalwater se 60 probeer, maar kon net 48km daarvan doen, maar ek hoop maar dis omdat ek 2 papwiele gehad het en toe probeer ons weer ons groep vang en toe brand ek al my vuurhoudjies....al wat dit my geleer het, ek gaan sondag so rustig as moontlik vat.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what does the weather Gods say about next week?

The lady from the farm where we staying said it is going to be cold! My weather report says 14 degrees max with no rain.

Most weather reports (yr, windguru, meteoblue) says friday rain with a little bit saturday morning. Sunday little wind with cool temps. But from experience i know it will be hot.

Quite excited about K2C now. This should be fun after yesterday. Staying on an ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn on Friday and our regular guesthouse in Willowmore. I think my 4 year old daughter is even more excited about it.

I'll try to make this the last time I go off topic, but I am pleading to all of you... Please concider doing Cederberg 100 miler next year. If you like K2C you will love it. Really don't want it to die. Last year it had 81 finishers and yesterday only 64.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quite excited about K2C now. This should be fun after yesterday. Staying on an ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn on Friday and our regular guesthouse in Willowmore. I think my 4 year old daughter is even more excited about it.

I'll try to make this the last time I go off topic, but I am pleading to all of you... Please concider doing Cederberg 100 miler next year. If you like K2C you will love it. Really don't want it to die. Last year it had 81 finishers and yesterday only 64.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Its quite a bit of a step up from a 96km to a 160km! I know for a fact i wont be able to do it.

Weather reports show it being cold in Uniondale.  Saturday's max temperature is 7!  Overnight and into Sunday morning it's going to be 0.  

Brrrrrr

Weather reports show it being cold in Uniondale.  Saturday's max temperature is 7!  Overnight and into Sunday morning it's going to be 0.  

Brrrrrr

Every year so far I had to scrape frost off the windscreen before we can leave Willowmore, coldest I have seen it was 3'C. This year I think zero is a possibility  :eek:

Its quite a bit of a step up from a 96km to a 160km! I know for a fact i wont be able to do it.

It is actually not that big a step up.If you can ride 96 you can ride 160.

You must just be disciplined and pace yourself to ration your energy expenditure. There is a pace, measured by heart rate or power, that you can sustain almost indefinitely as long as you feed yourself properly.

As long as you are reasonably fit and you find that level (a lab test will do so-Gary Benecke did mine), your body can carry you much further than your mind will think possible. Give it a bash, it is liberating.

The lady from the farm where we staying said it is going to be cold! My weather report says 14 degrees max with no rain.

http://www.golfweather.com/south-africa/western-cape/uniondale-gc/70860

Anything below 9 and I freeze (Durban thing). Looks looks 2 degrees on Sunday morning. Slight wind is pushing us up Die Wapad. High in Knysna is 16 degrees. Nice, bright, cool and sunny race from start to end. Still early days but I doubt it will change much. 

Still early days but I doubt it will change much. 

You've obviously never been the victim of a Cape Town weather forecast...

You've obviously never been the victim of a Cape Town weather forecast...

Which explains the indoor braai. My father-in-law has a wall painting which he replaces annually. (Just for a change of scenery when he braais).   

It is actually not that big a step up.If you can ride 96 you can ride 160.

You must just be disciplined and pace yourself to ration your energy expenditure. There is a pace, measured by heart rate or power, that you can sustain almost indefinitely as long as you feed yourself properly.

As long as you are reasonably fit and you find that level (a lab test will do so-Gary Benecke did mine), your body can carry you much further than your mind will think possible. Give it a bash, it is liberating.

There is a pace, measured by heart rate or power, that you can sustain almost indefinitely as long as you feed yourself properly.

I need to know mine NOW before Sunday please..........!!!

I will not go as far to say how prepared I am. 

What I can say though this is the best I have ever prepared for a bike race.

Will i suffer probably yes.

Hopefully less than any previous year. i am quietly confident

I will not go as far to say how prepared I am. 

What I can say though this is the best I have ever prepared for a bike race.

Will i suffer probably yes.

Hopefully less than any previous year. i am quietly confident

I can not say I feel confident, but this is probably the best/most I have trained for any event.

Archived