Crank bros Xc wheelset

singletrackmind

I just saw an ad about these wheels. check it out

The rim is blue and the spokes are 2 coloured!

Looks great but the spoke configuration looks wierd.

Your thoughts?

Im keen to buy a pair but not sure about pricings and how they will work. I hate being a test dummy

wicked looking wheels, concept seems solid...stiff, light, should be responsive. Where's the Lefty Front WheelCry

Pricing said $1000! Not bad just like a Mavic SLR.

• 2 weeks later...

The first batch of component parts arrived last week in Laguna Beach (Crank Brothers HQ)

Building starts this week and the first batch of orders should be sent out next week.

No Lefty version is planned just yet

They look very similar to the old XTR M960's. I'll wait till the second generation comes out. I'd rather CBs iron out the kinks in their products.

The blue looks greats but then I figured on my red Ells?, shocking blue etc its gonna be a bit heavy on the eye, so we will have to go to cycle art and make the Ells white or silver (black?) to go with the wheels, and I just think I'm going to be in trouble if I do something like that - dammit!Confused

A lefty is a single sided suspension fork made by cannondale20080505_130902_cdal-folder-fro.jpg

The fork in the picture is not a Lefty!! It is on the right hand side of the bike! It is a prototype built by Cannondale and it will probably be called a "Righty"!!Wink

K, you win. Okay imagine that fork on the left hand side of the bike. Hey presto, Lefty.

I think they do a red version

the red model will be for Downhill

the orange model for all mountain

and the green for freeride

the blue is for XC or marathon