Garmin HR Battery Replacement

Andymann

So here's a handy little tip I was given - not sure if it's common knowledge, but when you replace your battery on your Garmin HR Monitor, you need to leave the battery out for at least 15mins before you put the new one in, otherwise in some cases the HR Monitor does not pick up again with the new battery.

I replaced the battery on mine, and it wouldn't work afterwards with the new battery. I was about to go off to Garmin to replace my "Faulty Strap" when I found this out. Works fine now.

You can also short out the battery terminals with a coin or a paperclip if you don't have time to wait - but that's a bit of a dodgy fix.

I wonder how many people have had to replace "Faulty Straps" because after fitting a new battery they still didn't pick up?

Never had that problem. Replaced many Garmin HR batteries, and footpods for that matter. Battery is out for as long as it takes to get the new one out of its packaging, 15 seconds.

Never had that problem. Only ever had 2 garmin edges and never had a faulty strap with either. Not sure how often I change a battery but iv gone through quite a few CR2032 and its literally only open for a few seconds. My first edge I thought had a faulty strap but when they tested it they said it was my unit(the original 205 and it had a few years under the belt). That's when I did their replacement deal.

Ok so I suppose the answer is if you ever replace your battery on your Garmin HR monitor and you find that after you put the new battery in it still doesn't work - try this: take the battery out for about 15mins, short out the terminals, and then put the battery back in.

Worked for me. Maybe I was lucky, but I have another strap at home for my 920XT which also didn't work after the battery was replaced - they eventually replaced the whole watch after much experimenting , but I'm sure as hell going to try it on that strap when I get home

Archived