Race Fail: Ashburton Meerendal 2016

Rock Guy

My grandfather always said, you can dress up a turd, but it will still be a turd (Well he never said that, but I thought it appropriate).

My grandfather always said "Its amazing how poeple want to pay turd prices but demand gold quality".

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandfather always said "Its amazing how poeple want to pay turd prices but demand gold quality".

My grandfather always said, drink beer......................and then drink some more.

To host a MTB race there really need not be fancy frills and decadent race packs, all one needs is a good trail, good organisation ..... you know, how the "bazaar" races as it was previously referred to, the kind of races that were well attended.

We are digressing in a big way here, and drawing away from the threads topic with a discussion that should have it's own thread.

My grandfather always said, drink beer......................and then drink some more.

To host a MTB race there really need not be fancy frills and decadent race packs, all one needs is a good trail, good organisation ..... you know, how the "bazaar" races as it was previously referred to, the kind of races that were well attended.

We are digressing in a big way here, and drawing away from the threads topic with a discussion that should have it's own thread.

A "Granpa says" thread?

..... you know, how the "bazaar" races as it was previously referred to, the kind of races that were well attended.

They are still there... But we have grown to spoilt to do them, no, we want the bells & whistles, we prefer to spend the R400 on the high profile race, complain afterwards about all the stuff they did wrong including the beer tent that was in the wrong place, and then we go enter the next R400 event and the cycle start all over again.

MY Grandfather said....''Go and do the Tankwa Trek and see how some race organisers just get the water tables so BRILLIANTLY RIGHT''

Dryland events should take the Advendurance crew on a little imbizo somewhere and teach them how to do it......

MY Grandfather said....''Go and do the Tankwa Trek and see how some race organisers just get the water tables so BRILLIANTLY RIGHT''

Dryland events should take the Advendurance crew on a little imbizo somewhere and teach them how to do it......

Fully agree with this. Tankwa was probably the best 3 day event I've done and if you want to see how to do water tables in the middle of nowhere in 40C heat go to Attakwas in January. Dryland setting the standard. 

easy of you dont like it dont support its the ONLY way you can voice your frustration as I have seen thread up thread on Advendurance not delivering and they just carry on normally as people still attend so why change

easy of you dont like it dont support its the ONLY way you can voice your frustration as I have seen thread up thread on Advendurance not delivering and they just carry on normally as people still attend so why change

b5e946fd3c44fb224930594d79dc4e32.gif

Fully agree with this. Tankwa was probably the best 3 day event I've done and if you want to see how to do water tables in the middle of nowhere in 40C heat go to Attakwas in January. Dryland setting the standard. 

I know someone who gets all his race entries free / sponsored, and he recons the only race he will spend his own money on is the Tankwa.