Race Fail: Ashburton Meerendal 2016

Rock Guy

How much do you get paid by them...?

People are allowed to complain all they want, to be exact, 350 reasons why. 

A simple sorry year after year doesn't cut it anymore, and boycotting the events in the future doesn't fix the past and money spent.

On a personal note, do everyone here a favor and stop climbing into their characters, regardless of their comments. Your every thought doesn't justify a post.

Post of the month!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#RaceFail

#ResultsFail

#EpicFail

CaWPn-UUUAAFCEw.png

At least the duplicate names is consistent and shows the same time, just imagine if the same person had diffrent times!!

Sorry for Hi-jacking this thread.

Hope one of you guys can answer.

I was asked to be a "Choc Cow" Sweeper at the Ashburton Sabie Ultra race.. But this is where my problem comes in. Because you have to be a sweeper, you must start at the tail end and help the Last guys doing the Ultra. But, when they don't make the Cut-Offs at halfway or before Halfway, will I also be taken off the course (as I have to ride with the last guys,being a sweeper and all),and seeing as its a UCI Event?

Because I am also using this race as a Training ride for 36One. And no-one can answer me. And I def don't want a DNF on my record....

Hi-Jack Off

There was literally no water at the third water point, after 10:30ish. I watched the last 5 cups go down. Really really poor rider consideration - especially considering it was already over 30 degrees. Super bleek and won't do this ride next year. Not sure what happened though - the Trailseeker last year was fantastic.

Sorry for Hi-jacking this thread.

Hope one of you guys can answer.

I was asked to be a "Choc Cow" Sweeper at the Ashburton Sabie Ultra race.. But this is where my problem comes in. Because you have to be a sweeper, you must start at the tail end and help the Last guys doing the Ultra. But, when they don't make the Cut-Offs at halfway or before Halfway, will I also be taken off the course (as I have to ride with the last guys,being a sweeper and all),and seeing as its a UCI Event?

Because I am also using this race as a Training ride for 36One. And no-one can answer me. And I def don't want a DNF on my record....

Hi-Jack Off

Unacceptable....come race!

I read threads like this and I'm still so glad I skip most of these events....it's not why I ride! Same sh*t every year.

Will keep sussing out the smaller events!

Don't be a cow now!!

Ha ha ha ha. im going to try and get my friend to do it in my place... lol

Ha ha ha ha. im going to try and get my friend to do it in my place... lol

Sneaky swine!! But seriously...surely as a sweeper you can't get taken off the course. There would never be any sweepers who made it past half way then??

Sneaky swine!! But seriously...surely as a sweeper you can't get taken off the course. There would never be any sweepers who made it past half way then??

I guess not. But I already said yes, and don't like going back on my word. And now I have an excuse to go slow ha ha ha ha ha ha :ph34r:  :whistling:

I guess not. But I already said yes, and don't like going back on my word. And now I have an excuse to go slow ha ha ha ha ha ha :ph34r: :whistling:

Haha...you will probably have such a jol doing it anyway. Besides, aren't slow rides good training?

Archived