Garmin soft heart rate strap

Dexter-morgan

My silicon worked, with a 3:33 Carnival race I did not loose heart rate once.

One guy on some forum cut his belt between the 2 clips and that also worked, will post a pic of my solution tomorrow.

just make the pic big

Not sure if I'm right, but this is the older version of the soft strap.

the newer one:

rf-lg.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I'm right, but this is the older version of the soft strap.

the newer one:

rf-lg.jpg

I think so, my friend had one that came with his 810.

I think so, my friend had one that came with his 810.

Yip, same here, with my 810...I think they may have solved a few issues with this version...

Got my fingers crossed. So far, no problems.

If a new battery does not get you sorted...

Consider replacing with a R250 Polar soft strap. Clip your Garmin unit onto the Polar strap.

The Garmin strap itself is renown for giving problems.

The new Polar strap does not work - don't make this mistake - i went and bought one based on this mail and the Garmin monitor does not fit the clips.

I used to experience problems with the polar straps. Bought the sift one and it was a tad better. Since bought a garmin fenix 3 and have not had any issues yet. Touch wood

its not a chance. polar straps do work

Fomo, do you have the wearlink strap like this:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/images/2012/04/polar-rcx3-in-depth-review-9-thumb.jpg

or the more plain polar strap like this:

http://img.runningwarehouse.com/watermark/rs.php?path=PWLS-1.jpg&nw=300

I tried it with the my wife's wearlink strap and the poppers don't grip the garmin transmitter properly (seems to the be the bulky rubber gasket around the popper.

Thanks TNOSE, I'll pick one of those up. I did actually try with the Polar wearlink strap this morning on a short run, and works 95%... the Garmin tx did pop off once or twice, but problem absolutely confirmed to be the Garmin Strap, turns out my heart rate wasn't 240.  :clap:

I took my Garmin soft strap into Navworld and it turns out it is under a 1 year warranty so they replaced it without any hassle.

Can anyone help me with my Garmin Heart rate issue, when I start off with a ride or work out my heart rate comes through perfect but within an hour or 2 I loose heart rate or it is erratic, I have a Garmin FR410 watch.

The issue with the soft HR straps stopping is simply a case of removing the plastic HR transmission module from the strap and washing the strap. The Garmin strap needs this done more frequently than the Polar but both straps must be washed to remove the salt or whatever is causing the transmission failure. I have been through a number of Garmin straps and changed to a polar strap (with the Garmin transmitter) and the expense was unnecessary. Just wash your strap weekly or after every ride.

Garmin allude to this requirement, "The strap must be cleaned properly to perform under harsh conditions" ... "rinse the strap after every use"... "wash the strap after every seven uses" etc etc. http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/HRMSS_Care_ML12.pdf

I have 3 Garmin soft straps in a box that have been rinsed, washed every 7 sessions and are all dead. They vary in usage.. from lasting 3 years to just over a year before they where not working. 

Currently using a Garmin strap for may forerunner  and it has been a year and a half but still working fine. Look after it anally...

The polar soft strap is over 2 and a half years old and is used a lot more and in conjunction with the Garmin Edge unit.

Gets thrown in the cupboard often wet and still dripping with sweat...

Gets showed with when i remember....

Keeps on ticking...

I personalty believe the polar soft strap to be the hardier equipment.. and cheaper replacement option IMO. 

I have 3 Garmin soft straps in a box that have been rinsed, washed every 7 sessions and are all dead. They vary in usage.. from lasting 3 years to just over a year before they where not working. 

Currently using a Garmin strap for may forerunner  and it has been a year and a half but still working fine. Look after it anally...

The polar soft strap is over 2 and a half years old and is used a lot more and in conjunction with the Garmin Edge unit.

Gets thrown in the cupboard often wet and still dripping with sweat...

Gets showed with when i remember....

Keeps on ticking...

I personalty believe the polar soft strap to be the hardier equipment.. and cheaper replacement option IMO. 

yes, agree that the Polar soft strap is by far the better / hardier option

The issue with the soft HR straps stopping is simply a case of removing the plastic HR transmission module from the strap and washing the strap. The Garmin strap needs this done more frequently than the Polar but both straps must be washed to remove the salt or whatever is causing the transmission failure. I have been through a number of Garmin straps and changed to a polar strap (with the Garmin transmitter) and the expense was unnecessary. Just wash your strap weekly or after every ride.

Garmin allude to this requirement, "The strap must be cleaned properly to perform under harsh conditions" ... "rinse the strap after every use"... "wash the strap after every seven uses" etc etc. http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/HRMSS_Care_ML12.pdf

I wash/rinse mine after every work out.

• 1 month later...

Argh my year old strap is on it's way out. This is my 4th one. Starting to question my loyalty to Garmin. Taking it to nav world today to see if it is really dead. I changed the battery and it seems to be worse.