Garmin soft heart rate strap

Dexter-morgan

The Garmin soft strap is crap !!!

I have 2 that are stuffed. The Polar one seems to work a lot better.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh my year old strap is on it's way out. This is my 4th one. Starting to question my loyalty to Garmin. Taking it to nav world today to see if it is really dead. I changed the battery and it seems to be worse. 

Faith and loyalty in Garmin restored. Went to Navworld to get it tested, no questions asked, offered to swap my forerunner 310xt for a Forerunner 910xt with strap for R1975. Just opened it now and it's the new brown strap - hopefully it works better than the old black ones. and I have a new 1 year warranty.

I have this same issue as well... wash the strap, and it works for 3/4 of the next session. Thinking of just replacing the whole thing with a Tickr.

Edit: Or get the Garmin Swim strap maybe??

Edited by madbradd

I have this same issue as well... wash the strap, and it works for 3/4 of the next session. Thinking of just replacing the whole thing with a Tickr.

Edit: Or get the Garmin Swim strap maybe??

I was actually going to go with the Tickr, if I had no luck with Navworld. Because I also didn't trust that it was only the strap part giving issues. how long has the Garmin swim strap been around? If it's more than a year and the interwebs isn't full of complaints, might be worth the chance. 

• 3 years later...

So this is an OLD frequent problem with the Garmin HRM straps.  I have the FR230 with the HRM dual strap and after 3 years (seems like I was actually lucky) of carefully looking after it they diagnose it with corrosion now.   Not sure if it is the band or the transmitter.

So now I also have a perfect condition FR230 without HR...   :cursing:

• 2 weeks later...

The Garmin soft strap is crap !!!

I have 2 that are stuffed. The Polar one seems to work a lot better.

They have diagnosed my HRM soft strap to have corrosion as well, but the unit is the problem, not the strap.   So to get a polar strap is not a solution am I right?    It will have to be another new garmin strap or a wahoo one right? 

I bought a cheap dual HR strap from Ducathlon. Paid R450 (I think). Just as comfortable as my old Garmin straps. Pairs without any issues to my Garmin, Suunto watches (both Ant+ and Bluetooth versions) Wattbikes @ gym

Bit  of a thread hijack, but can the WAHOO TICKR X strap go in the washing machine, or can it only be washed by hand?

I bought a cheap dual HR strap from Ducathlon. Paid R450 (I think). Just as comfortable as my old Garmin straps. Pairs without any issues to my Garmin, Suunto watches (both Ant+ and Bluetooth versions) Wattbikes @ gym

Link please?

I'd say the choice is up to you. Garmin is a known brand, this does not have the same "pedigree". For me, the Ducathlon strap is cheap, and it does both Ant + and Bluetooth. The similar Garmin strap (Dual HR) is around R1200. The Wahoo Tickr goes for around R900 (I think). At both price points, you can buy 2 of the Ducathlon straps. And if the strap decides to call it a day after a year, I'm still only down R450. My Garmin strap lasted about 5 years, nothing wrong with the pod, so I swopped it over to the older Garmin belt. (but it's just Ant +) and won't work with my Suunto watch. The Ducathlon strap being dual handles my Garmin 800, Suunto Ambit 3 and a Wattbike, all at once in gym without any issues so far.

According to Garmin the corrosion is on my module, not the belt. So Im not sure where the problem lies. If it was the other way around I could also just buy n polar strap. Because of this Im looking at the complete replacement