The all new Santa Cruz Hightower 29 or 27.5+, 135mm VPP travel bike

News bot

attachicon.gif84d5a546-ac0e-4132-accc-2d55cf88e131.jpg

At Greg Minnaar Cycles.... it is even more impressive in real life than on the pics!

Guess where I'm going tomo?

That looks like Fox suspension and XTR crank - so not the SC factory build.

Not a huge fan of the Ardent at rear tho 'cos I know my TBLT corners, rolls and brakes a whole lot better with a rival brand....

Edited by JXV

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess where I'm going tomo?

That looks like Fox suspension and XTR crank - so not the SC factory build.

Not a huge fan of the Ardent at rear tho 'cos I know my TBLT corners, rolls and brakes a whole lot better with a rival brand....

What you running on the back ?

What you running on the back ?

Spez GC, not as durable but miles better. But it would send a mixed message if they display the latest SC with Spez tyres on......

Eyeballed it today. Awesome bike. I think I want one.

They've been hiding it in the back room since November!

On 29er

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Santa-Cruz-Bicycles-Hightower-13-1335x890.jpg

On 27.5 +

http://theradavist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Santa-Cruz-Bicycles-Hightower-3.jpg

Sexy as F%$K !!

Sadly an eye watering 48k in Zuma Ronts for the frame and shock...

My LT going to be in my stable for a loooooong time to come. 

Sexy as F%$K !!

Sadly an eye watering 48k in Zuma Ronts for the frame and shock...

My LT going to be in my stable for a loooooong time to come.

Holy crap what the hell,but it is 2 bikes in one.

Holy crap what the hell,but it is 2 bikes in one.

Not really.

Runs on 140mm fork for 29er and 150mm 27.5+ to keep the 67deg head angle and the warranty i guess.

Not really.

Runs on 140mm fork for 29er and 150mm 27.5+ to keep the 67deg head angle and the warranty i guess.

It is because you change the fork and wheels and that changes the type of bike you are riding all with one frame.

Not really.

Most will spec the 150 fork if they want to run both wheel sizes. No problem. The bike in the shop has a Fox 36 Factory fork on it and looks like 160mm ,cos much more stanchion sticking out than the 140 fork on my LT Edited by JXV

The Pike's travel can be adjusted internally - so you do not need 2 forks.  Having said that, I think most will ride it in the 29er guise.

To change the travel on the Pike, you need to change the air shaft. You need a 140mm and a 150mm airshaft and change them out depending on which wheel size you are in.

To change the travel on the Pike, you need to change the air shaft. You need a 140mm and a 150mm airshaft and change them out depending on which wheel size you are in.

I really think the bike will be just fine running both wheelsizes with a 150mm fork. In terms of geometry we are talking only 2 or 3mm difference in BB height and a tiny diff in head angle too. Provided you flip the chip.....

The owner of the particular bike in the pics looks to be running even more than 150mm fork and he kinda knows his stuff [emoji57]