Froome vs Everybody Else

Patchelicious

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PATCH you are in deep trouble .. look at this can of worms now..

See we have to do it now and then 2 weeks before the TDF again.. pfft.

No trouble, many people on the Hub are capable of contructive debate around the Froome saga...

I would like to believe they are ALL clean but.....I don't.

While so many cheat it is difficult not to paint all with the same brush.

No trouble, many people on the Hub are capable of contructive debate around the Froome saga...

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Yay, Friday entertainment!.... and I was going to try to bait the mountain bikers into another 26'r vs 650 vs 29er *** storm!

:)

http://www.velojoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/166718e.jpg

I like froome. At least, I like him more than any of the other grand tour contenders. He seems least like an asshat than them all, and has no doping incidents to his name.

Is he clean? I don't know enough about anything to do with performance and doping to tell you for sure. But I think he's pretty close to. He looks like he's properly suffering 3 weeks into a Grand Tour. There are breaks he can't cover and days where he has to sit second last in the sky train just to stay with the group.

If it ever comes out that he has been doping? Par for the course in this sport, and I've enjoye watching the calculated racing. Again, at least he doesn't act like a douche.

On another note, I find the lack of speculation about Quintana amazing. The kid is young, lives in a dodgy country far from doping control, and has already won the giro and competed for le tour.

Now, yes, he is lightweight, but if you've been watching his TT performances, he's been gettin up there.

Add to that the success of his younger brother and it seems far more fishy than froome in my opinion.

But this is cycling. At least we acknowledge our sport is dirty. Every other sport is still in denial!

I would like to believe they are ALL clean but.....I don't.

While so many cheat it is difficult not to paint all with the same brush.

I agree with this. Its human nature to start becoming cynical.

Why do we only focus on one person though? Is it again just our human nature to dislike winners, or is there more immediate reasons?

I like froome. At least, I like him more than any of the other grand tour contenders. He seems least like an asshat than them all, and has no doping incidents to his name.

Is he clean? I don't know enough about anything to do with performance and doping to tell you for sure. But I think he's pretty close to. He looks like he's properly suffering 3 weeks into a Grand Tour. There are breaks he can't cover and days where he has to sit second last in the sky train just to stay with the group.

If it ever comes out that he has been doping? Par for the course in this sport, and I've enjoye watching the calculated racing. Again, at least he doesn't act like a douche.

On another note, I find the lack of speculation about Quintana amazing. The kid is young, lives in a dodgy country far from doping control, and has already won the giro and competed for le tour.

Now, yes, he is lightweight, but if you've been watching his TT performances, he's been gettin up there.

Add to that the success of his younger brother and it seems far more fishy than froome in my opinion.

But this is cycling. At least we acknowledge our sport is dirty. Every other sport is still in denial!

You do know Colombia has doping control right?

Whether it is a good doping control is another matter all together though

Edited to save space :thumbup:

So how about we try again, as adults to debate it. Try and debate without being a Froome Fanboy or Froome hater and lets start with these two questions.

1: If you believe that he is doping, why, what is your arguement for it?

2: Why is only he called out on it by us Hubbers, when he is as likely to be a doping as all the other, except for Contador and Valverde who have been caught.

Is this a thread only for those who believe?

1: If you believe that he is doping, why, what is your arguement for it?

A: I don't believe

2: Why is only he called out on it by us Hubbers, when he is as likely to be a doping as all the other, except for Contador and Valverde who have been caught.

A: Team Sky is a big target probably due to the tallest tree theory and people picking on things they have done and said in the past. CF apparent rise to fame from "nowhere". 

The answer to 2 above is why i think people pick on Froome, see answer to 1

I agree with this. Its human nature to start becoming cynical.

Why do we only focus on one person though? Is it again just our human nature to dislike winners, or is there more immediate reasons?

Because at the moment he appears to be that much stronger than the rest of the contenders. 

That and society seems to either treat like gods or knock off perch not much middle ground.

Whaaat

We haven't even started the Spring Classics yet

#froomedawg-on-oats-and-honey

:whistling:

Oh, wait, The Dawg just splintered the bunch at Jayco Herald 

:huh:

Machine

Again, lets not make this about me.

Can we debate why people hate Froome please.

But to answer your question, you are refering to this post, that I posted?

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:03

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Where are all those fanboys now that blindly protected him, threatened me and others for simply pointing out that all his teamies have gotten caught.

I am not blindly defending Froome, not have I threatened anybody who calls him a doper... dont me mistaken. Nor has Froome been caught doping like Evans was.

I am asking for us to debate the accusations on Froome?

Ok I thought your debate was around the burden of proof required to publicly doubt someone. In the Evans case you seemed to defend accusations made years earlier without concrete proof at the time and it appeared to me as though your standards were different now. That was my take on that.

As to why people climb all over Froome it could be because team Sky spend more energy defending themselves. People are somehow more ok with the idea that somebody could be doping if they go about it quietly as supposed to another Lance who proclaimed his innocence so convincingly time after time. 

You know what they should do.. it they wada/uci should themselves appoint a tester to test the top 50 ranked riders at any time during the year.. no matter where they are and not rely on the local anti doping organisation

Well I like him more than Mr funny beef Contador and how did my blood get there Valverde. Quintana disappears for months at a time and rocks up for June/July. But, we want to flame the only guy who has shared his data? 

I dont mind a good flaming, but there should be the same amount of bashing for Contador, Valverde and the likes.

Archived