Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

it would take 180 cyclist 1 lap each to complete this task...i would be prepared to do 1 or more laps to make this possible...anyone else keen?

Venue and date ?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone noticed but a second drunk driver collided with a police vehicle attending to the first incident  :cursing:

Actually there were 3 incidents:

1. First accident happens - drunk driver takes out cyclists.

2. SAPS arrives and parks on the other side of the highway to come and assist. A 2nd drunk driver takes out the police vehicle.

3. The third incident: yet another car (most probably another drunk) almost takes out the ambulance that's stopped to assist, nearly killing the paramedics in the process. Luckily they escaped unharmed.

the venue would be the same as jared had planned...the only thing i believe should change is the date...because he had it planned for the 22 April 2016 which is a friday...could be a problem for people who work.

I am just putting it out there...here is a link with the details of what he had planned.

https://www.facebook.com/impossiblejareddwyer/?hc_location=ufi

will have a look at what was planned but I am keen to join. I think the weekend of 16/17 April will be good as following weekend is Tour Durban.

will have a look at what was planned but I am keen to join. I think the weekend of 16/17 April will be good as following weekend is Tour Durban.

You think doing something together with the organizers of Tour Durban would be a good thing?

And out on bail....

I know someone that knows one of this guys relative and news is that bail was R2000 and not R10000. That already shows that this case is not being taken as seriously as it should be.

My Brother was riding with them at the time, our sincere condolences to the families and friends, may got give them strength during this trying time. RIP.

from the KPCC page.

an official memorial ride is being planned in conjunction with all the cycling clubs and shops in Durbs, as well as the metro police and municipality. We will keep you updated but as it stands, the ride is planned for the morning of Saturday the 20th February.

I know someone that knows one of this guys relative and news is that bail was R2000 and not R10000. That already shows that this case is not being taken as seriously as it should be.

vivek... i watched this man sitting with Jared after the accident no matter what happens during or after the trail...this man will have to live with what he has done to these 2 cyclist for the rest of his life..I dont know him but unless he is a heartless human being or was too pissed to realise what he did...he will suffer regardless of the outcome of this trial.

That is a real slap in the face,ONLY 2k.

vivek... i watched this man sitting with Jared after the accident no matter what happens during or after the trail...this man will have to live with what he has done to these 2 cyclist for the rest of his life..I dont know him but unless he is a heartless human being or was too pissed to realise what he did...he will suffer regardless of the outcome of this trial.

This is true. But his personal suffering will unfortunately not be a deterrent to others.

Personal suffering? Shame

My hart bloei vir hom

Precisely the problem with society. Do not think for a moment about the implications of their actions. Completely untouchable. Illusions of grandeur, larger than life, until their stupidity takes a life

Edited by cjlieben