2016 FNB Wines2Whales

SteveS

I don't think one should question why someone wants to walk a particular section, the same way one would not question why someone else would attempt a stage race if they aren't fit enough not to get stuck behind the walkers  :ph34r:

For some gaining sufficient skills to do W2W is not just a matter of a single skills course.  Sometimes people just have a psychological block against certain obstacles which will require way more practice and progression to overcome.  That doesn't mean that they cannot enjoy the rest of the trail.

We all enjoy different things about MTBing and the W2W is an amazing event.

/ Did the adventure and managed to walk very little

// But it took me a long time to get to this point so I have empathy for the process

Really like this point  :thumbup:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have managed to pick up a last minute entry, but I don't have a partner. Any strong hubbers out there that are keen to race this weekend?

I haven't paid for the entry yet, but entry costs will apply. Not sure about seeding either, but we can fight that battle at registration. Ideally would want to race from A or B.

PM me if you are keen,

Awesome event (RIDE) and no complaints. Can't wait for next year. But for now it's back to Joburg and the 947 MTB on Sunday [emoji106][emoji106]

HI

I have a (XL) jacket that i would like to swop for a (M) or even a (L).

I was a substitute rider and unfortunately the guy i substituted was a lot bigger than me.

HI

I have a (XL) jacket that i would like to swop for a (M) or even a (L).

I was a substitute rider and unfortunately the guy i substituted was a lot bigger than me.

Did you fit a medium or large? Those jackets were made WAAAY to big, i know guys that dropped down 2 sizes compared to what they normally wear.

I have a large jacket looking to swap for a medium.

These mediums are like hens teeth

The jacket sizing was a mess again!

I ordered a MEDIUM (size smaller than usual) and it looked like a tent on me. When trying to exchange for a SMALL the lady at the race office told me only 70 were ordered in total. I think those sitting with SMALL jackets are also to big for them ...

I have done two W2W events and still no jacket that fits :thumbdown:

Did you fit a medium or large? Those jackets were made WAAAY to big, i know guys that dropped down 2 sizes compared to what they normally wear.

No haven't fit either of them

But judging from the XL that i tried i might even fit in a medium.

Hopefully next time a can get one that fit.

One would think that there could be a way to allow people to fit apparel before selectig a size. Due South is a sponsor, so why not have a set of jerseys and jackets available at DS shops for peeps to try on?

The jacket sizing was a mess again!

I ordered a MEDIUM (size smaller than usual) and it looked like a tent on me. :thumbdown:

Yeah, why bother asking for my size if they dont have it when I get there?

Also No ladies fit shirt in my size. ????

More bad luck with the transport guy. Picked up the bike this morning and now I have a Ryder seat post and no name men's saddle stuck in the bike :thumbdown:

I have to sit it out until my Syncross 31.6 post and Selle Italia ladies saddle resurface according to them. If you hear anything please pm me. Diamond rush is in a week.

So much for not dismantling the bikes during transport. :cursing:

Anyone receive their new/swapped shirts yet?

i have a large and need to swap for a xlarge, anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More bad luck with the transport guy. Picked up the bike this morning and now I have a Ryder seat post and no name men's saddle stuck in the bike :thumbdown:

I have to sit it out until my Syncross 31.6 post and Selle Italia ladies saddle resurface according to them. If you hear anything please pm me. Diamond rush is in a week.

So much for not dismantling the bikes during transport. :cursing:

Not cool. We also used a transport company this year and were promised nothing would be adjusted. Well, 1km into day one and I realized my handlebars were quite a few degrees out and my partners saddle was at least 30mm lower and not level! Didn't really notice either when we "eye balled" the bikes the night before. Then, my bike arrived back in Joburg with 2 scratches on the top tube. They weren't there when I handed my bike in at the finish and even had a pic taken at the finish which served as proof. A better overall experience than an airline but I'll choose a different company next year.

Archived