HELP NEEDED: funds have run out for Spruit Fairy

ByronH

Hi all

This is currently on the Jozi Spruit Friends, and Johannesburg Social MTB Group, and I don't think its currently on The Hub... 

Please would you share the word, and consider making a donation to this great initiative?

SUPPORT NEEDED FOR THE SPRUIT FUND

Hi all, the funds in the spruit fund ran out. If there are no funds, Wilson can't work. We have R1700 in today (the delay between banks means all transfers are not reflecting). A day's labour is R1000 for petrol, labour, materials etc. Most private riding locations are charging R50 to R100 for entry. If everyone can give R1000 over a year, we would have R128 000 a year for an amazing open bike park and equally importantly people employed that otherwise would be going hungry. PLEASE DONATE. Bank details again are:

Spruit Trail
Nedbank
Current Account 1053887086
Branch Code 198765

The money goes straight to the Spruit Fairie who organises the work and does not take a cent for himself.

Thanks

It's the best bike park out there.

It also could work if there are any building material or tool requirements to let everyone know. I'm sure many people have a plank, section or spade lying around that could happily go to a good cause.

Im new to MTB. Can anyone explain the spruit trail to me?

A footpath that the Jo'burg okes reckon is the bomb......... Hat, coat...... Door [emoji1]

Depends how brave you are, as it goes from Emmerentia all the way down past Paulshoff.. But the general route is south (uphill) of Fratellis including Delta Park, Albert's Farm and Emmerentia botanical gardens.

R500 from Cycle East paid. We challenge the other bike shops in JHB to donate as well, to help Wilson maintain these trails.

R500 from Cycle East paid. We challenge the other bike shops in JHB to donate as well, to help Wilson maintain these trails.

Thanks so much for this generous donation. It will go a long way!

thank you !!!!

have any other bike shops taken up the challenge ?

We have contributed in many ways including fixing Wilson's Morewood and we kick the Spruit Fairy out to go fix trail when he spends too much time drinking coffee  :whistling:

But where does it start and end?

Obviously at The Trailhead :clap:

Archived