[Event] Fine Breede MTB

Carlen

Event Name: Fine Breede MTB
When: 9 April 2016
Where: At Breërivier Primary School (On R43 between Ceres and Worc, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Popular Fine Breede MTB is back for the 11th year!

New 60km route for the more experienced rider with Child Care facilities so Mom and Dad can take to the saddle!

Same warm hospitality with potjiekos, cash bar and music under the trees!

Go to Event Page

hubevents-72740-0-48245500-1456076032_thumb.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favorite races. Great vibe and the night ride is something special. I will definitely ride the 60 km. Carlen, are the extra kilometers added to the old route or is it a complete new route?

This is one of my favorite races. Great vibe and the night ride is something special. I will definitely ride the 60 km. Carlen, are the extra kilometers added to the old route or is it a complete new route?

Hi Breezer

Beginning (roughly first 35km) is the same, but the very last hectic climb was taken out. (We had an awful fire which lasted more than two weeks, and didn't want to have you riding moon landscape all the way!) So we are taking you down to the river, towards Slanghoek past Lateganskop Cellar (beautiful scenery) for the last 20km.

All the profiles and route details, are on the web:

www.breedemtb.co.za

Looking forward to seeing you!

• 2 weeks later...

An all time favourite for me, I'm in for my 6th Fine Breede. The vibe afterwards at the school with the potjiekos competition is excellent. 

My son and I are doing the 30km.  He should be at the sharp end of the field.  I will have to drag my 82kgs + bike's 12kgs over those climbs.

My wife and younger son is doing the 17km.

I was thinking of the 60km, but I have a sneaky suspicion there will be lots of sand on that route, which will make it feel closer to a 80km effort.  :ph34r:

Edited by Moridin

Just a question:  what is the issue with the escape route on the 30km?  If it makes the ride 5km shorter, then all the racers will take it.  This does not make sense to me at all.

Slightly bummed that I wont be able to make it again this year on account of work obligations.Caught a flu bug the week before the event last year.

As I'll only be working halfday I might just come around after work for some poitjiekos and beer.

Where do people generally stay for this event? Can we camp at the venue?

never ever thought of staying over, always just drove up the morning of the race & back to Cape Town afterwards. But I guess anywhere on the other side of the tunnel will be better than driving from Cape Town. It's about a 2 hour trip.