[Event] Amarider 100Miler Presented By Bike Hub

Dirtopia MTB Events

Was just thinking the same! Well done Matt! Lekka to see!!!

(Imagine a discount for 1000+ post count...)

Got my post count up the past two days, so im over 1k!!  :clap:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to know if this can be done on a CX bike? See it's not to technical, so seems it would be ideal, but want to test the waters. :)

I wanted to know if this can be done on a CX bike? See it's not to technical, so seems it would be ideal, but want to test the waters. :)

Some bits in the hills during the first half of the race might present somewhat of a challenge, but other than that the CX will be fine. Lots and lots of open country roads...

Some bits in the hills during the first half of the race might present somewhat of a challenge, but other than that the CX will be fine. Lots and lots of open country roads...

Not recommended, but it has been done before...

Not recommended, but it has been done before...

Not recommended? Due to some technical bits at the start as mentioned? Can one go check it out and ride that before to see if it can work?

Not recommended? Due to some technical bits at the start as mentioned? Can one go check it out and ride that before to see if it can work?

Hi,

Reply from Meurant (Amarider)

"It is non-technical and certainly do-able on a cyclocross bike but riders struggled with fatigue mainly due to corrugations on the dirt roads. Difficult to say what the road conditions will be like, depends on weather and if/when the council grades the roads."

It's been done before, as mentioned above depending on the state of the corrugations, it could be very tiring.

I remember one year I kept getting past by a guy ( I think it was Francois from Manic Cycles?) on a CX bike at warp speed, only to keep passing him sitting down, fixing punctures, with a very unhappy face.

i'll be on my cx /mx bike this year. Your technical is not my technical, your corrugatoon might not be corrugation for the next person. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Same as when I did Attakwas on a rigid HT 1x10 with 36T at the back for my granny gear with a 36t chainring up front. Many gave their opinions & advise but I just had to try it for myself to know weather it is doable or

If I'll ever attempt it again.