Emperors Classic 2016 (road)

Dexter-morgan

I would actually love to, but it is such a schlep to get someone to look after the kids. I almost have to cancel the CTCT due to my in-laws on Monday notified us that they can't look after the kids anymore. Fortunately we made a plan, but it was touch and go.

If I can make a plan for Tour Durban I'll be there. My options are still open for this one. It's only a weekend, comparing to CTCT which as a whole week, so maybe I can work something out.

Bring the family to Durban for a holiday. 27th April is a holiday so make it a long weekend :thumbup:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic cycle race results will be sent shortly to be included in their seeding system.

maybe I am doing it wrong, not sure.

165 / 139-1 / 0.69 x 100 = Index 27

don't forget to add 1% for each month the races age beyond 5 months

Edit: that's if you use the Racetec/PPA seeding.

Edit: and don't forget that the calculation is not shown in the explanation, so how do you know what beta (if any) is used?

Bring the family to Durban for a holiday. 27th April is a holiday so make it a long weekend :thumbup:

Unfortunately my oldest daughter is in matric, and can't miss two days of school.

Me and the wife will have a meeting tonight- the kids don't have friends for nothing....hehe

@Geraldm24, do you know what is the Beta for the carnival city macsteel race?

No I don't.

Let me find out how out results will work out on the ASG seeding index.

Edit: I still need to see how I will get a non-RT timed event onto that other seeding database.

PPA show the calculation on their website so I worked of that and used last years beta.

Anyhow it still remains a mystery how they put everything together so doesnt matter how hard we try, we will just never be able to figure it out.

It is Crap, I get a better seeding with a finish time of 4:32(riding with my wife) on the 94.7 than doing 3:32 on Value logistics Fast one.

It is Crap, I get a better seeding with a finish time of 4:32(riding with my wife) on the 94.7 than doing 3:32 on Value logistics Fast one.

I had a horrible 94,7 and limped home in 3:57 , but managed a 3:08 at fast one, but I have no idea how any of the seeding sorcery works so I just go and ride in a batch I get given.

It's taken a few years and last year we (Merv and I) finally got to sit with Wynand and work out a viable route.

If you don't like the route, please don't moan at Wynand/ASG, as he's relied on input from the two of us.

IMO big improvement, the traffic along Pretoria rd is much quieter, while initially a single lane it does become dual before the N12 bridge. 

IMO big improvement, the traffic along Pretoria rd is much quieter, while initially a single lane it does become dual before the N12 bridge.

and the 40km race starts a bit later meaning less mixing of the distances at the finish.

The only way it was possible was to have a separate start and finish.

Safety first!

• 2 weeks later...

I only remember the last 5 kms of this race , The joy of old age.... is that effectively still the same ? 

Edit:  Just read this on the ASG page : The start of the event is in the same spot as previous editions in front of UTI in Jones Road, but the finish moves up closer to Emperors Palace in Jones Road to accommodate the later start for 40km riders.

Different route too...

Same route from start until the 4-way stop after turning right at Carnival City. Instead of turning left, you carry on to Heidelberg and turn right onto the R103 (just before the N3). Carry on the R103 right up to Leondale, then right onto the R554 (to Carnival City), but turn left onto Rondebult.

Instead of having 40Km cyclists riding towards you, all cycle traffic is now following the same direction back to Emperor's Palace.

Left off Rondebult shortly after the MacDonald's/Hyperama passing ERPM golf course, and straight over the N12 before turning right (La Conga roadhouse) and then right onto Griffith Road to the finish.

Archived