Emperors Classic 2016 (road)

Dexter-morgan

What about the road works on the road next to the railway,

And the off / on ramps on Griffiths Rd to the R21..

New route sounds good but I would have thought that perhaps turning onto Yaldwyn Rd (road before La Conga) and then left towards the old finish up Jones Rd might have been quieter.

Either way, looking forward to it.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the off / on ramps on Griffiths Rd to the R21..

New route sounds good but I would have thought that perhaps turning onto Yaldwyn Rd (road before La Conga) and then left towards the old finish up Jones Rd might have been quieter.

Either way, looking forward to it.

Think the route will actually be nice but def it will be a problem with the cars getting of the highway at Pretoria rd ( at Spar warehouse ). It's a busy on and off ramp for the small industrial area of Hughes. Will be interesting later in the race.

The smallish climb up at EPR should hurt most in the racing cats 

Also think Yaldwyn will be a better bet as it's a very wide road straight to connecting to the last 1km of old route. Will need to go and check about the road works at the robot next to the railway track

The problem having the start/finish on Jones Road is to get all riders started in 2 hours, before the Elites return.

By having a separate finish, the congestion on the route can be better managed between long and short riders.

Think the route will actually be nice but def it will be a problem with the cars getting of the highway at Pretoria rd ( at Spar warehouse ). It's a busy on and off ramp for the small industrial area of Hughes. Will be interesting later in the race.

The smallish climb up at EPR should hurt most in the racing cats 

Also think Yaldwyn will be a better bet as it's a very wide road straight to connecting to the last 1km of old route. Will need to go and check about the road works at the robot next to the railway track

Jet park off ramp should be far less busy than the off ramp at Rondebuilt used before and eliminates the crossing at North Rand road.

Jet park off ramp should be far less busy than the off ramp at Rondebuilt used before and eliminates the crossing at North Rand road.

Do agree on that Scotty. 

Isn't there lots of potholes in the road around the golfcourse?

No more than anywhere else. Just after the golf course they where doing road works but it was just a small part. I haven't ridden that road since ride 4 sight so not sure what the rain has done.

No more than anywhere else. Just after the golf course they where doing road works but it was just a small part. I haven't ridden that road since ride 4 sight so not sure what the rain has done.

Oom Nick

I drove on the section next to the railway today. I already made contact with ASG and they are going to have a look at the road today.

Oom Nick

I drove on the section next to the railway today. I already made contact with ASG and they are going to have a look at the road today.

Yeah that section is bad. It also often has loose gravel in the road.

I wouldn't know another route to suggest where they bypass skf.

Nick

I will suggest to turn right at the set of robots after the highway (cant remember the roads name and join at the bottom at UTI. But think they trying to spkit the start and finish points also. So it is a bit a a difficult one

Is it still the same false flat drag to the finish?

That thar is what we call in these parts "a hill"

Is it still the same false flat drag to the finish?

No. Skf is now only the start heading down like before. Now we will come from jet park side and finish somewhere near the entrance to emperor's. But about 5/6km from the finish we will ride the short sharp climb up past erpm golf course. Imho too far to ride solo to the end but just enough to drop a few that have been hanging on from carnival side.

Nick

I will suggest to turn right at the set of robots after the highway (cant remember the roads name and join at the bottom at UTI. But think they trying to spkit the start and finish points also. So it is a bit a a difficult one

I think it's Yaldwyn Road

Archived