Anyone shopped from Bike24.com?

Cippo

For anyone looking to buy or have bought from bike24.com, please add your experiences as this is mine. Everyone normally talks about CRC but I have found bike24 to be cheaper of late. Firstly they are in Germany, website and navigation very well laid out and a huge range of goods including outdoor and multisport. I finally took the plunge and ordered an item last week Thursday. Process was smooth and it calculates cost in Euro's. Prices on site are for EU customers but as soon as you go to checkout and you enter South Africa from drop down menu it removes EU tax. Postage via DHL is €19.99 depending on weight of parcel but all that is calculated.

So by the Sunday the credit card company finally deducts the cost, I called them about this and they said its when the dealer banks the transaction. The funds though are reserved on your card from time of transaction. Monday morning early I get an email with a tracking number and directed to https://mobil.dhl.de/sendung?query=sv_paket to see progress on parcel. On mobile it will still be in German and on pc/Ipad it will be in English. The site will indicate progress of parcel and bu Monday evening my parcel was en route to SA. By late yesterday afternoon my parcel had landed in SA and was being prepared at customs.

I have tried using parceltrack.co.za to see when it lands with good old post office or DHL to no avail. Will update here as to what happens with parcel as dhl.de advises on their site.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally the parcel has cleared customs and was scanned by postal service at Jhb international mail center and is in transitto Cape Town. When you log onto www.dhl.de and you enter tracking number from bike24 you will look for a UPU code in parcel status. You can now use this code to enter at www.ems.sapo.co.za or contact post office call center at 0860111502.

Did a search again on post office website on my parcel using UPU number from DHL and it was scanned this morning at Capemail Hub in Goodwood. Called them up to confirm parcel was there and then me not being able to wait for delivery on Monday to my post office, off I went to Goodwood, cash in hand to collect my parcel.

I would definitely use Bike24 again especially if this is the service they deliver and if prices are right.

I've bought from them. Good prices, great selection (except Spez stuff which they won't ship out of Germany), and great delivery times.

Thanks for the updates - interested on using bile24 myself

Too scared to google bile24!!! What do you plan to get there?

Too scared to google bile24!!! What do you plan to get there?

Bile. You can pick a colour ( green, yellow, brown, bloodstained) and consistency.

• 2 years later...

hello my friends, anyone bought from bike24 lately.

I remember reading somewhere that they don't really use DHL as it ends up via the post office in SA?

They array of stock is really good and priced well.

Should I steer clear?

thanks, so its definitely a post office head ache,

hey Monark let us know how your shipment goes?

I'd like to order a Garmin Fenix from them but if it goes through the post office i'll have to reconsider.

I've used Bike24, bike-components, and I know of people that have used bike-discount. If I recall correctly form my experiences, they use a division of DHL that is the equivalent to ParcelForce and therefore goes through SAPO and EMS.

Depending on what you want, if it's good prices and fast delivery you're looking for, try www.probikeshop.com. They're French based, and use UPS. SAPO doesn't lay a finger on your goodies, and most times it's delivered in 3 or so days.