Anyone shopped from Bike24.com?

Cippo

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used them before, very good prices. And no, it is not always a price saving versus waiting time tradeoff, I generally like to support local.

My LBS told me a specific Shimano part will only be in stock again in 6-10 weeks. Well I got it via Bike24 in 3 weeks AND saved money.

I've ordered quite a few times from Bike24 (not always only cycling items) and I've always received my items. The standard postage through DHL works but dealing with SAPO is always a nightmare. The DHL tracking numbers given by Bike24 does not work on the SAPO database, send Bike24 and email requesting the updated tracking number if you want to track the packages in South Africa.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so buying on-line from another country novice .... could I ask the following please:

1. I placed an order over the weekend, the wife tells me the amount has come off my account already

2. Looking on the site today, I see the status is shown as "New", and only an order amount is shown with no amounts under the "receipt of payment". Would this remain clear until I receive the goods?

3. The item is still in my shopping cart for some reason.

4. Would like to add a der / hanger to the order at the same time (hindsight, should have ordered this when purchasing the frame) ... sent them an email asking if this could still be done and have not had a reply .. .any idea how good they are with replying to emails?

ok, so buying on-line from another country novice .... could I ask the following please:

1. I placed an order over the weekend, the wife tells me the amount has come off my account already

2. Looking on the site today, I see the status is shown as "New", and only an order amount is shown with no amounts under the "receipt of payment". Would this remain clear until I receive the goods?

3. The item is still in my shopping cart for some reason.

4. Would like to add a der / hanger to the order at the same time (hindsight, should have ordered this when purchasing the frame) ... sent them an email asking if this could still be done and have not had a reply .. .any idea how good they are with replying to emails?

Bike24 is pretty good with their replies. even though it takes a day or two.

regards the item showing - that is also delayed a bit even though funds came off already.

oh, expect to wait about 4 weeks for it to arrive.

Thanks Madone ... Bike24 have replied, added my extra item and given me a good explanation RE the payment structure.

Really great admin service from them!

Time ... on their site it does stipulate 15+ days for shipping to SA, so this is something one should take note of before purchasing, but this is something you have to check no matter where you order your goods from.

Thanks Madone ... Bike24 have replied, added my extra item and given me a good explanation RE the payment structure.

Really great admin service from them!

Time ... on their site it does stipulate 15+ days for shipping to SA, so this is something one should take note of before purchasing, but this is something you have to check no matter where you order your goods from.

standard service from most overseas companies in my experience, glorious service when experienced by a South African...

• 2 weeks later...

called customs this morning and they say they have a 1 1/2 months back log at the moment.....nice, very $^&E%$& nice

called customs this morning and they say they have a 1 1/2 months back log at the moment.....nice, very $^&E%$& nice

We mailed a letter for my mother-in-law that she required for her Visa application to visit us.  We sent it a month ago.  Still has not arrived.  At least the embassy allowed us to email her a scanned copy of the letter

So bike24 say the folllowing ..... Thank you for your e-mail. The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country and is on its way to you.

Please use the following Tracking ID for the South African Tracking: EK........DE

So what does this really mean....that it is through customs?

Sorry for all the questions, but buying online from overseas is all new territory to me

So bike24 say the folllowing ..... Thank you for your e-mail. The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country and is on its way to you.

Please use the following Tracking ID for the South African Tracking: EK........DE

Sorry for all the questions, but buying online from overseas is all new territory to me

That's what it sounds like. 

Check it out on www.trackmyparcel.co.za

Okay so I bought from bike24 recently and so this is all fresh to me. The tracking number they gave you will only work until the parcel is in SA. What you need to do is mail Bike24 and ask them for the South African tracking number, they will need to get it from dhl which they use to ship up to SA. Bike24 were super helpful in this regard, you should get the number within a day.

Then it is maar customs and all that ***, it takes long, total process from ordering to picking it up at the post office was about 6 weeks for me, and as far as I know that is par.

In retrospect I would have sent it to my PO Box, unfortunately it went to the main post office in gun town and sat there for 10 days before I got the slip, and they wouldn’t help me without the slip.

Okay so I bought from bike24 recently and so this is all fresh to me. The tracking number they gave you will only work until the parcel is in SA. What you need to do is mail Bike24 and ask them for the South African tracking number, they will need to get it from dhl which they use to ship up to SA. Bike24 were super helpful in this regard, you should get the number within a day.

Then it is maar customs and all that ***, it takes long, total process from ordering to picking it up at the post office was about 6 weeks for me, and as far as I know that is par.

In retrospect I would have sent it to my PO Box, unfortunately it went to the main post office in gun town and sat there for 10 days before I got the slip, and they wouldn’t help me without the slip.

I did send bike 24 an email this morning requesting the sa ref no, they came back to me now this evening as per my last post. Following this they sent another email saying that the frame is through customs.... So hip hip hooray..... Or at least so I hope.

I did send bike 24 an email this morning requesting the sa ref no, they came back to me now this evening as per my last post. Following this they sent another email saying that the frame is through customs.... So hip hip hooray..... Or at least so I hope.

You can input your overseas tracking number into parceltrack website and it will track the parcel. Sometimes will also give you the local tracking number. Try it.

You can input your overseas tracking number into parceltrack website and it will track the parcel. Sometimes will also give you the local tracking number. Try it.

Awesome thanks, it offers up the following info:

Given this has to come to CT from JHB, I imagine it will hopefully be in CT by Friday?

TRACKING

LINE

TYPE DATE TIME BRANCH COMMENTS 1 In transit 2018-04-25 10:49 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)   2 From Customs 2018-04-25 08:35 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)   3 To Customs 2018-04-25 06:48 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)   4 Incomming International 2018-04-25 06:48 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)