Anyone shopped from Bike24.com?

Cippo

Awesome thanks, it offers up the following info:

Given this has to come to CT from JHB, I imagine it will hopefully be in CT by Friday?

TRACKING

LINE TYPE DATE TIME BRANCH COMMENTS 1 In transit 2018-04-25 10:49 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)   2 From Customs 2018-04-25 08:35 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)   3 To Customs 2018-04-25 06:48 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)   4 Incomming International 2018-04-25 06:48 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)    

ok, copy and paste was poor ... screen grab below:

post-5403-0-14806700-1525106180_thumb.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thanks, it offers up the following info:

Given this has to come to CT from JHB, I imagine it will hopefully be in CT by Friday?

TRACKING

LINE TYPE DATE TIME BRANCH COMMENTS 1 In transit 2018-04-25 10:49 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 2 From Customs 2018-04-25 08:35 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 3 To Customs 2018-04-25 06:48 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB) 4 Incomming International 2018-04-25 06:48 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Look I wouldn’t bank on Friday, like I said this takes time and customs can be an infuriating black box. If you are clear already then you are very lucky.

Look I wouldn’t bank on Friday, like I said this takes time and customs can be an infuriating black box. If you are clear already then you are very lucky.

I can do with getting a little luck by now already ...... can't wait to build up this frame and ride some trails again!

ok, copy and paste was poor ... screen grab below:

Looks like has cleared customs, currently at JIMC waiting transit to CPT. If you gave a PO Box address it will say first notification once received at your local post office, if your home address then you will get a slip in your post box. Take the slip from either your home or PO Box to your local post office. They will then give you a customs calculation and tell you how much you owe. Pay the customs duty and they will hand over your parcel

Looks like has cleared customs, currently at JIMC waiting transit to CPT. If you gave a PO Box address it will say first notification once received at your local post office, if your home address then you will get a slip in your post box. Take the slip from either your home or PO Box to your local post office. They will then give you a customs calculation and tell you how much you owe. Pay the customs duty and they will hand over your parcel

one up on this ... going to try and cut the delivery process short by collecting at the CT mail depot ... but given their hours and my working hours, this may be a pipe dream, so best bet is the local post office on Sat morning....hopefully.

one up on this ... going to try and cut the delivery process short by collecting at the CT mail depot ... but given their hours and my working hours, this may be a pipe dream, so best bet is the local post office on Sat morning....hopefully.

Not sure how it works in CPT mail centre, but they stopped you going to JIMC to collect. Your next notification should be when it is at CPT mail centre... might be best trying to contact them to see if you can collect at CPT mail centre

I can do with getting a little luck by now already ...... can't wait to build up this frame and ride some trails again!

I feel your pain. I ordered a groupset and wheels from bike24 in feb to build up my old steel road frame. Sent the frame for respray at the same time, got all the parts in 6 weeks, but still waiting for the frame. Fortunately I have my main bike which is a mtb, but man I am itching to rebuild that old steel beauty. Edited by Knersboy

Cape Mail has confirmed the frame is on the way to my local post office this morning and should be ready for collection by this afternoon .... now just this damned "work thing" standing in my way of true happiness, so will pickup on Saturday morning :)

Quite easy to shop overseas online if you know how to track your parcel.... and even through SAPO if you know what you are doing!

What most don't realise is that you can put an overseas tracking number into the tracking websites like trackmyparcel and you can track it no problem once on the system.  No need to spend hours on the phone on hold calling JIMC.

Quite easy to shop overseas online if you know how to track your parcel.... and even through SAPO if you know what you are doing!

What most don't realise is that you can put an overseas tracking number into the tracking websites like trackmyparcel and you can track it no problem once on the system.  No need to spend hours on the phone on hold calling JIMC.

The problem is that most of the overseas online shops, CRC, Bike Discount etc, use DHL which has this f'ing 'partnership' with post-office South Africa. It gets to the international hub in 24 hours and then takes 3 months to get through.

The parts I ordered from CRC from Berg n Bush arrived 3 months later in December. The stuff I ordered  to rev up the road bike for Argus arrived last week. I don't accept delivery, which forces the post-office to return to sender without me paying more. I have had to buy the stuff locally. It is no use to me 3-4 months late. At least CRC and Bike Discount refund you.

Edited by Baracuda

^ pay extra for the DHL Express delivery option. I've never waited more than 7 business days for anything I've bought from CRC.

^ pay extra for the DHL Express delivery option. I've never waited more than 7 business days for anything I've bought from CRC.

don't recall seeing this option when purchasing from Bike24

I was referring to the CRC comment above my post. I've never bought from Bike24 so I have no idea if it is an option or not.

I purchased from Bike24 last month. Order placed 26/03 looking at the trace system it left Germany 27/03, arrived in SA 31/03 processed on 4/04 then held up somewhere until 17/04 when I got notification to collect. 

Edited by scotty

The problem is that most of the overseas online shops, CRC, Bike Discount etc, use DHL which has this f'ing 'partnership' with post-office South Africa. It gets to the international hub in 24 hours and then takes 3 months to get through.

The parts I ordered from CRC from Berg n Bush arrived 3 months later in December. The stuff I ordered  to rev up the road bike for Argus arrived last week. I don't accept delivery, which forces the post-office to return to sender without me paying more. I have had to buy the stuff locally. It is no use to me 3-4 months late. At least CRC and Bike Discount refund you.

They use DHL POST, which is a different entity to DHL Express, even though they are of the same organisation. One is a postal service, like Royal Mail, which is actually pretty jacked up. 

My advice.... use Sigma Sport to price match any item needed. (They actually do it)

They send all their parcels Via DHL Express for R175 which is a bargain.