CANSA Lost City Classic returns to original road race route

AryM

we talk about average speed, not time

Correct....Like the 100m is faster than the 400m. Not time but speed. You know what I mean. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never done the current route, only the old one so I can't offer much of a comparison. Another fast and flat race either way.

At least with this route, most of the 100km groups will be finished before the 70km groups join the route at the 4-way stop.

It was nice having the race on Saturday to make for a free "rest of the weekend".

Agree, I really enjoyed doing this on a Saturday as one could take family and chill at Sun city for the day.

Pity they have changed to a sunday, probably wont enter it this year for that reason.

Thanks Gerald!

Much appreciated...

Whats the total elevation ?

Five hundred, three and zero emms.

If you can't work that out then open then open the GPX file [emoji38]

Five hundred, three and zero emms.

If you can't work that out then open then open the GPX file [emoji38]

You the MAN G!

:thumbup:

I'm Keen for this. Logistically from the west rand, is it worth driving in on race morning or is it advisable to stay close by?

I'm Keen for this. Logistically from the west rand, is it worth driving in on race morning or is it advisable to stay close by

I know some guys who travel on the morning & spend the day there with their families as cyclists get free entry.

Staying over is much better, but depends on finances & availability.

I stayed over at the Cabana's & they provide special breakfast for the cyclists & start pen is a nice warm-up from the accommodation.

I'm Keen for this. Logistically from the west rand, is it worth driving in on race morning or is it advisable to stay close by?

I know of a number of guys driving through for the race - *crazy* but dedicated

This is the race where i bonked so badly a few years ago, i rode so slowly that i got mugged while on the bike by the chok-lit screaming brigade , helped themselves to my pockets 

I drive through alone from the westrand every year(normally very cold), no traffic so its a cool cruise, then have chow after the race and cruise back home .

I'm In for this one for Sure !  :clap: ... way too many fun times with fellow hubbers suffering in the wind , make more memories .

Weather around this time is pleasant too. 

Gets up to 30 Deg in the late morning!

• 3 months later...

Any1 driving from Jhb on the morning of the Road Race?

What time do you leave?

We are also gong to drive through on the morning. Will enter under the open groups and ride in A rather than vets and have to start earlier.

This is the race where i bonked so badly a few years ago, i rode so slowly that i got mugged while on the bike by the chok-lit screaming brigade , helped themselves to my pockets

I drive through alone from the westrand every year(normally very cold), no traffic so its a cool cruise, then have chow after the race and cruise back home .

I'm In for this one for Sure ! :clap: ... way too many fun times with fellow hubbers suffering in the wind , make more memories .

I'll be driving through from honeydew , so 4:30 will be good for me too. Very keen on the race , but I can't take the whole family to sun city for the weekend right now.

I like flat fast routes , so I'm dead keen

Agree, I really enjoyed doing this on a Saturday as one could take family and chill at Sun city for the day.

Pity they have changed to a sunday, probably wont enter it this year for that reason.

Maybe safety, which allows them to return to the original route. It was hellish dangerous before on a Saturday. Big bunches loads of traffic.