Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Only place I know of that got stock is CycleLab 4Ways, ask for Mpho

G

Thanks G, not showing on their website but will contact them directly.

If anyone else have suggestions, please shoot.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Otherwise contact Christiaan or Sean (They're the local agents) at: 

Christian Van Zyl <cvanzyl@ikhambi.co.za>

Sean Steenkamp <sean@ikhambi.co.za>

​They will tell you where they have stock.

But CL had 3 last weekend still.

G

Thanks G, not showing on their website but will contact them directly.

If anyone else have suggestions, please shoot.

Edited by awesme

Otherwise contact Christiaan or Sean (They're the local agents) at:

Christian Van Zyl <cvanzyl@ikhambi.co.za>

Sean Steenkamp <sean@ikhambi.co.za>

​They will tell you where they have stock.

But CL had 3 last weekend still.

G

I thank you!

Hi Guys.Will a Giant Defy with Disc Brakes work with a Wahoo Kickr.Will appreciate all advice.

They have a demo Kickr at CycleLab 4ways, take you bike there and fit it, no better way!

Remember th Kickr is a wheel off trainer. Wahoo supplies a little insert for he brakes to stop you pulling them,

G

Hi Guys.Will a Giant Defy with Disc Brakes work with a Wahoo Kickr.Will appreciate all advice.

Edited by awesme

Just a quick thanks to awesme and Jackhorner. I picked up my Kickr just after 13:00.

Story here.

PS. Also had awesome service from Mpho at CycleLab in Fourways, but being in the Cape that kite didn't fly, thanks a million though Mpho.

Also spoke to someone from Evobikes, the person is still suppose to come back to me, he wasn't sure about the 10spd vs 11spd cassette variations.

Pleasure to help,

How were did you buy it. ignore, just read the other thread.

whats the question re 10 and 11 speed.

The unit comes with a 11 speed road cassette, but happily takes a Shimano 10 or 11 speed cassette also.

The Freehub will take a SRAM also of course, that fits into the Shimano 10/11 speed cassette width.

G

Edited by awesme

Cool man, he was pretty sure that the unit ships with a 10spd although I was pretty certain it's 11spd.

But now I have a question... Will the 11spd cassette that ships with the Kickr work with my 11spd chain that I have on my 2016 Camber?

Current cassette on my MTB is the SRAM XG-1150

hmmm

Well I run a Shimano 11 speed on my Pyga Stage, 1 x 11.

The Wahoo kickr accepted it as is, I also put my Pyga OneTwenty650 onto the kickr, that runs a 10 speed cassette, no problems.

ou will find you will be in 1 or 2 gears 90% of the time anyhow, the differences are to small to really bother/care/worry.

As far s I know the width of the Shimano 11 = SRAM 11 speed, Don't know the brand of the Cassette included, but it's 11 speed so close enough not to worry about.

G

PS the Cassette is a 11-25 that ships with it,

Cool man, he was pretty sure that the unit ships with a 10spd although I was pretty certain it's 11spd.

But now I have a question... Will the 11spd cassette that ships with the Kickr work with my 11spd chain that I have on my 2016 Camber?

Current cassette on my MTB is the SRAM XG-1150

Ok, cool. Thanks a million. Will report back once I've done the setup.

Unfortunately still doing the work thing... (Let me rephrase, I am still at the office.)

Re: your question regarding Apps...

For sure going to hook it up to the HTPC, TrainerRoad and Zwift will be checked out first.

Thanks for the help and starting this thread.  :clap:

hmmm

Well I run a Shimano 11 speed on my Pyga Stage, 1 x 11.

The Wahoo kickr accepted it as is, I also put my Pyga OneTwenty650 onto the kickr, that runs a 10 speed cassette, no problems.

ou will find you will be in 1 or 2 gears 90% of the time anyhow, the differences are to small to really bother/care/worry.

As far s I know the width of the Shimano 11 = SRAM 11 speed, Don't know the brand of the Cassette included, but it's 11 speed so close enough not to worry about.

G

PS the Cassette is a 11-25 that ships with it,

And...

with a couple of days behind you how you finding the Kickr.

G

Ok, cool. Thanks a million. Will report back once I've done the setup.

Unfortunately still doing the work thing... (Let me rephrase, I am still at the office.)

Re: your question regarding Apps...

For sure going to hook it up to the HTPC, TrainerRoad and Zwift will be checked out first.

Thanks for the help and starting this thread.  :clap:

Hey awesme

Absolutely loving it, just battling to make some time to ride. Had a busy week but did the 50km free trail on Zwift. Can't wait to start on TrainerRoad.

Setting everything up and connecting/pairing was a breeze.

Only "small" problem is the fact that I will have to index my rear derailleur, all the gears aren't smooth, but it's no problem if you put the Kickr in ERG mode.

Now this brings me to the following! Which power meter should I buy since it's really nice to ride/train with power data!

And...

with a couple of days behind you how you finding the Kickr.

G

Hi hi

great to hear.

I'm currently only using TrainerRoad

As for Power Meter, I went with the Stages. I can use it on the trainer and then use same power source out on the rides. and as it is bike associated if I get more wheels sets it's not tied to a wheelset.

G

Hey awesme

Absolutely loving it, just battling to make some time to ride. Had a busy week but did the 50km free trail on Zwift. Can't wait to start on TrainerRoad.

Only "small" problem is the fact that I will have to index my rear derailleur, all the gears aren't smooth, but it's no problem if you put the Kickr in ERG mode.

Now this brings me to the following! Which power meter should I buy since it's really nice to ride/train with power data!

Hey awesme

For me it has to be P1 pedals because I have different bikes with different groupsets and different bottom brackets

edited: when I can afford them that is

Edited by travisza