Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

So if i buy a kickr and register for zwift and hook up a commuter bike i have to it ...what else do i need?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You need ant+ dongle, you also need a pretty strong gaming machine(lots of ram and dedicated graphics card with 2gigs of ram preferably).

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger okes.

Its getting more complicated by the second.

You know why i like bicycles....cos they are simple and i am a pretty simple guy.

Its getting cold here and i am getting fat. Thought this would be a fun way to lose a few hours and kilos by playing cycling video games.

Bugger okes.

Its getting more complicated by the second.

You know why i like bicycles....cos they are simple and i am a pretty simple guy.

Its getting cold here and i am getting fat. Thought this would be a fun way to lose a few hours and kilos by playing cycling video games.

it is fun....the complexity here is that you need the computer to talk to the trainer. You need a dongle to do that....and of course a machine that can render the graphics properly.

Also remember this is a one time exercise...once the pairing has been done with the peripherals / pc / trainer its just a matter of jumping on the bike

Edited by rouxtjie

Ok...i have a mac air

Thats pretty good on graphics. I also have an ant+ usb thing lying around somewhere.

Let me see if i understand this all...

Take the usb ant+ dinges. Put it into mac.

Download and pay for zwift

Buy kickr

Put bike on kickr

Make it all talk nicely.

Pedal fat away

See,

not that complicated, you have the min already, all the HR strap and Cadence pod will do is expand the data you have to look at/analyse later.

G

Ok...i have a mac air
Thats pretty good on graphics. I also have an ant+ usb thing lying around somewhere.

Buy kickr

Put bike on kickr

Make it all talk nicely.

Pedal fat away

Ok...i have a mac air

Buy Ant+ dongle

Install Zwift and setup profile

Buy kickr

Put bike on kickr

Pair ant+ peripheral and trainer with zwift on laptop(one time exercise)

Make it all talk nicely.

Pedal fat away

As far as I know you need a bit more grunt ito graphics card wayne...it will work though, just not as nice ito detail in game

See above

power2max fully compatable with oval rings... and does not need to be calibrated all the time like more expensive units (reply to question somewhere along the line )

As far as I know you need a bit more grunt ito graphics card wayne...it will work though, just not as nice ito detail in game

See above

Ok.

I have an acer aspire s7.

8 gigs ram. i7 2ghz.

But graphics says intel hd graphics 4400

Is that ok?

Ok...i have a mac air

Buy kickr

Put bike on kickr

Make it all talk nicely.

Pedal fat away

Graphics are great on a Mac. I use my Macbook Pro, HDMI cable into the TV. Nice big screen. 

If your mac is close you can use the keyboard to do some cool tricks on Zwift like change the map around, view change and even elbow a rider that passes you :)

Graphics are great on a Mac. I use my Macbook Pro, HDMI cable into the TV. Nice big screen. 

If your mac is close you can use the keyboard to do some cool tricks on Zwift like change the map around, view change and even elbow a rider that passes you :)

I have seen youtube videos where mac doesnt do that great...it works, but its not crisp

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTY98Iart-8

I got my Kickr on Saturday Morning.

Set it up and did my first test ride on it co confirm everything was working.

It felt quite strange, but was wearing flops and shorts.

First Trainerroad session on Sunday morning was the 2*8 min FTP test.

What a machine.  The control is incredible.

I haver been training at two well know studios in the Fourways area for over two and a half years, and realised in one test that the other trainers have nothing on a Kickr.

It too a few months to get the resistance in the correct zone, and if your cadence was a little off you were out of the zone you were training in.

I did my first proper Trainerroad session this morning and really enjoy the control and the motivational comments.

The instruction is to increase cadence for next few minutes, but the power remained constant.

Its a lot of money to spend, but I have spent more over the last two and a half years on indoor training studios than it cost for the Kickr and first year subscription to Trainerroad. 

Agree, not cheap, but damm well worth it once you got it dailed in and working lekker.

invest in a heart rate strap and the cadence pod, the extra information is great to help you maximise the time on the trainer.

G

I got my Kickr on Saturday Morning.

Set it up and did my first test ride on it co confirm everything was working.

It felt quite strange, but was wearing flops and shorts.

First Trainerroad session on Sunday morning was the 2*8 min FTP test.

What a machine.  The control is incredible.

I haver been training at two well know studios in the Fourways area for over two and a half years, and realised in one test that the other trainers have nothing on a Kickr.

It too a few months to get the resistance in the correct zone, and if your cadence was a little off you were out of the zone you were training in.

I did my first proper Trainerroad session this morning and really enjoy the control and the motivational comments.

The instruction is to increase cadence for next few minutes, but the power remained constant.

Its a lot of money to spend, but I have spent more over the last two and a half years on indoor training studios than it cost for the Kickr and first year subscription to Trainerroad.