Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

1 yes

2 yes

3 TR mostly show suffer fest, don't have videos of its own

G

Thanks so much G for the quick response.

Would you mind giving me a list of what I need to run the complete package over and above the Kickr iteself ie Videos, ant+ or other devices that are not included to produce all the metrics required and I assume an internet connection - is streaming required viz the connection speed?

Thanks again,

Rob

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See pm... I'm driving at the moment

G

Thanks so much G for the quick response.

Would you mind giving me a list of what I need to run the complete package over and above the Kickr iteself ie Videos, ant+ or other devices that are not included to produce all the metrics required and I assume an internet connection - is streaming required viz the connection speed?

Thanks again,

Rob

Edited by awesme

• 2 weeks later...

Ye the game is pretty much between TrainerRoad and BKool.

although the pdf is out of date, TR's primary platform these days is mostly iPad which is not listed there atm yet.

G

Edited by awesme

Ye the game is pretty much between TrainerRoad and BKool.

G

I see them as different things. TrainerRoad is the focused / structured application. Bkool / Zwift / Virtual Training is on the fun / social side. Both have their uses.

I am currently on trainerroad....very good app. Ticks all the boxes

I also note that they did not list Golden Cheetah, the training part of GC is geared for the kickr and you can run erg workouts or videos

Quite like Veloreality if you doing free riding video rather than structured training

Totally agree.

also on TR on the Kickr, trying to do quality training time before work.

G

I see them as different things. TrainerRoad is the focused / structured application. Bkool / Zwift / Virtual Training is on the fun / social side. Both have their uses.

I am currently on trainerroad....very good app. Ticks all the boxes

I also note that they did not list Golden Cheetah, the training part of GC is geared for the kickr and you can run erg workouts or videos

Quite like Veloreality if you doing free riding video rather than structured training

I use ZWIFT... I need to add that I'm a typical weekend warrior. ZWIFT to me is like the "Call Of Duty" for cyclists. I just enjoy the fun aspect and how it challenges me. 

Oh... and having 3 kids, I can pause and change a nappy, get back to ZWIFT and just enjoy the rest for my ride. 

Have done a couple of rides and workouts on zwift. Going to join a zwift race this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I correct that you need an ANT+ dongle to use Zwift with the Kickr still?

Am I correct that you need an ANT+ dongle to use Zwift with the Kickr still?

Yes, you need an ANT+ stick. You get one from SUUNTO and Garmin. The SUUNTO one is much cheaper. 

So if i buy a kickr and register for zwift and hook up a commuter bike i have to it ...what else do i need?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'd suggest the Wahoo Tickr (Heart rate strap) and Wahoo RPM cadence pod.

for Zwift, you will need a ANT+ USB dongle also.

G

So if i buy a kickr and register for zwift and hook up a commuter bike i have to it ...what else do i need?

I'd suggest the Wahoo Tickr (Heart rate strap) and Wahoo RPM cadence pod.

for Zwift, you will need a ANT+ USB dongle also.

G

Sounds complicated....

Heart rate strap will pair with your choice of device be that via ANT+ protocol or Blue tooth that iPad, iPhone and other computers us.

RPM Cadence pod pairs the same way, you just strap it onto your shoe.

The ANT+ dongle is so that ZWIFT can talk to your Kickr, ZWIFT is still in beta with regard to BlueTooth.

G

Sounds complicated....