Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Get Cycleops virtual training app for the ipad and a subscription - best way to train on the road around the world (or use your own rides from your GPS cycling computer) - I have the ipad running through an Apple TV (when I am not watching something) and it makes it much easier to ride indoors.

Also, invest in a really good fan and a mat to go below the bike, you won't regret it

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question,

Prob apps.

TrainerRoad

Zwift

HurtsErgo

WahooFitness

and Today'sPlan once they release a iOS and MAC app that allows you to control Kickr.

Cycleops Virtual training

Bkool

Kinomap

PerfPro

VeloReality

Maximum Trainer

Was 5 miles down the road looking at TodaysPlan as a source of what to do... then discovered their current only support Android to control the Kickr, although they have a iOS app to view the data.

For the next month it will be me and the trainer, looking at maybe using a coach also to manage/help, thats also why Todaysplan was so attractive.

How engaging is the people behind TrainerRoad?

G

Tried to reply last week but couldnt find password....Trainerroad people are incredibly engaging. Unbelievably so.

Either on the slowtwitch thread, or on facebook, or via email on their support line they are very quick to come back and trouble shoot, and take user feedback into account with development.

Best $10 per month I ever spend. (I dont own a kickr unfortunately, just a normal fluid trainer)

Hi Travis

Ye, can confirm this, also decided to go with them, have spoken to them 3 times now and easy friendly guys.

G

Tried to reply last week but couldnt find password....Trainerroad people are incredibly engaging. Unbelievably so.

Either on the slowtwitch thread, or on facebook, or via email on their support line they are very quick to come back and trouble shoot, and take user feedback into account with development.

Best $10 per month I ever spend. (I dont own a kickr unfortunately, just a normal fluid trainer)

Edited by awesme

Hi Travis

Ye, can confirm this, also decided to go with them, have spoken to them 3 times now and easy friendly guys.

G

If you're interested they also have a podcast in which they deal with tons of general training questions around cycling....what plan should I follow, should I train HR or power, why is power different inside and out, etc. etc. etc.

Tons of episodes up already with more than enough information.

If you havent done much structured training before, I guarantee you will see great results following their plans. And if you havent done an FTP test before get ready to hurt more than you thought possible on a bike.

Hi Travis, been going through their Youtube channel.

The training with power 101 was interesting.

Will go onto the site and search for the pod casts.

Haven't done any training other than the social outrides before so looking forward to major results.

I've been putting the FTP off, hurt my back on Sunday morning loading my daughter into the car... If all goes well I'll do the crying on Thursday. :)

G

If you're interested they also have a podcast in which they deal with tons of general training questions around cycling....what plan should I follow, should I train HR or power, why is power different inside and out, etc. etc. etc.

Tons of episodes up already with more than enough information.

If you havent done much structured training before, I guarantee you will see great results following their plans. And if you havent done an FTP test before get ready to hurt more than you thought possible on a bike.

Has anyone bothered to connect their trainers to a computer?

I'm looking for a suitable USB dongle, and believe either Bluetooth 4.0 or ant+ should be suitable. Just not too keen on dropping R900 on one of these things, which is what I've been quoted for a Garmin unit.

Edited by Eon du Plessis

Hi Eon

Originally it seems all software/apps needed the ANT+ USB dongle, but both TrainerRoad and Zwift can now be controlled from the computer using BTLE.

and ye the Garmin seems to be the best unit out there, everyone swears by it, for less hassles, more dependability I'd pay that. Nothing like saving R200 and floeking every time because there is problems.

G

I'm looking for a suitable USB dongle, and believe either Bluetooth 4.0 or ant+ should be suitable. Just not too keen on dropping R900 on one of these things, which is what I've been quoted for a Garmin unit.

Hi Eon

Originally it seems all software/apps needed the ANT+ USB dongle, but both TrainerRoad and Zwift can now be controlled from the computer using BTLE.

and ye the Garmin seems to be the best unit out there, everyone swears by it, for less hassles, more dependability I'd pay that. Nothing like saving R200 and floeking every time because there is problems.

G

Fair enough. I don't mind paying for something worthwhile, but paying a premium for something purely based on brand erks me.

If the Garmin is the way to go, then I guess it's just a matter of finding someone with stock at the best price.

Question:

I have had my Kickr for about a year doing +- 5 hours a week on it.

Degreased and cleaned the cassette but do you need to get the actual Kickr serviced? If so, any suggestions on who by?

Buy Suunto mini stick for 399 (what i paid).  Works great and even DC Rainmaker suggests this.  Garmin is just crazy expensive

Buy Suunto mini stick for 399 (what i paid). Works great and even DC Rainmaker suggests this. Garmin is just crazy expensive

Excellent, thanks. Can you suggest a stockist?

Hi Guys, trying to locate stock but apparently my Google skills suck.

Anyone know where I can buy a Kickr?

Only place I know of that got stock is CycleLab 4Ways, ask for Mpho

G

Hi Guys, trying to locate stock but apparently my Google skills suck.

Anyone know where I can buy a Kickr?