Why is buying just a Frame such an issue

Sidmouth

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really a very very good question. I have 4 x bikes with all xo, xtr and xx1 parts. WHY would I buy another complete bike? But I would buy a new frame in a heart beat. Sure I am not alone. We are being robbed, as usual.

I have a Trek Superfly, the thing is very light, but this is also why it breaks so often, so its a trade off, but After i rode that Camber i realised the Trail bike or agriculture equipment, CX you do 10% ST if you lucky so no point carried all the extra weight

Then definitely don't buy the Pyga OneTen. I have one and love it (so much it's almost weird) but I'm not a weight-weenie and bought it for it's intended purpose...which is a super stiff and strong all round frame.

Seems like the Pyga Stage is the perfect frame for you (and 90% of all mtb'ers) but not for your budget it seems....or mine for that matter. 

COTIC!

Guys guys guys, carbon fiber cannot be recycled! That right every time we break a Carbon frame it is land fill.

Consider steel.

New aquisition.Cut the bars and have a pretty normal stem.Comparing it to my Santa Cruz

Wow...all those rave reviews by both local and international testers who have ridden 1000's of bikes must have gotten it completely wrong then hey?  :oops:

Trying to justify that expensive "new acquisition" are we?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Santa cruz tallboy if you already have a 120mm fork and the rest .I have also considered a pyga stage XL.I have yet to come across a unhappy Tallboy owner 

Rocky Mountain Element. A dream with a 120 fork. The carbon frame is in the same price league as the S'Cruz or Pygas but they are very strong and a good second hand buy if that is an option.

Still don know if the Op wants a cyclocross frame or a cross country frame?

Judging by the bikes he mentions in various posts I think it is safe to assume he is looking for a cross country frame.

I would love a Pyga, but I've seen a few Giants around and they look good, gotta say.

I saw the Scott with the 27+ wheels at Holla the other day - that would be a peach to ride.

Probably the only place the scott is good for ☺ farm roads ☺

Archived